PDA

View Full Version : Brenna has been dragging her bottom today. UTI?

lizharrell1
03-17-2010, 06:43 PM
I noticed today on several occasions while I had the girls out playing and running around that Brenna has drug her little bottom on the sofa a few times. At first, I just thought it was just a part of her playing, but I'm just not sure. She SEEMS alright, eating well, still taking FV several times a day in a dish which she laps up. I haven't noticed an odor to her urine, but I use the CareFresh bedding and they NEVER have an odor (darned stuff may work TOO well). Also, the girls are religious about only using one corner of their cage to potty and I have not noticed either one of them ever pottying outside of that corner. I changed their bedding today and didn't notice any odd coloring in the potty corner. She seems to be acting her usual self. What would cause her to drag her little bottom like a puppy does on carpet? Brenna will be 10 weeks old Friday.

virgo062
03-17-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't know why they do that some say they are "marking? Mine have always done that:thinking

lizharrell1
03-17-2010, 06:55 PM
What in the world does she think she is marking?:thinking

virgo062
03-17-2010, 07:05 PM
HER and only HER territory:rotfl :rotfl

lizharrell1
03-17-2010, 07:29 PM
So, should I be concerned that she just dragged her bottom on my LEG?:shakehead

Legomom
03-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Nope, Tessa should be concerned! LOL!

Seriously, Sophie does it to all of my screen doors on a regular basis.
It's real fun when I'm standing at the front door & she decides she needs to pee, too. Dang, Palatka Princess! :sanp3

virgo062
03-17-2010, 09:06 PM
So, should I be concerned that she just dragged her bottom on my LEG?:shakehead

Exactly as I was saying.....

lizharrell1
03-17-2010, 09:09 PM

Seriously, Sophie does it to all of my screen doors on a regular basis.
It's real fun when I'm standing at the front door & she decides she needs to pee, too. Dang, Palatka Princess! :sanp3

ROFL....Sophie always did have attitude!!!

Giftee's Mom
03-18-2010, 07:12 AM
I wonder, do squirrels have anal glands like dogs and cats? I'm sure we've all seen how a dog will (comically) scoot around on its bottom across the carpet. What they're doing is trying to relieve pressure in their anal glands by expressing them. So I was wondering if squirrels might do the same thing. I've not seen my squirrels scoot, but I bet it looks cute! :)

mugzeezma
03-18-2010, 07:18 AM
I've seen Mugzi drag his bum too. No small feat considering all the equipment he's carrying!:rotfl
Dogs do it when they are wormy or have clingons...and I'm not talking Star Trek either! :D
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww w

gs1
03-18-2010, 09:54 AM

lol...:D

wow...who knew squirrels did this...:D

wahkontah
07-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Well I see Chewy do that and was wondering if he had worms? Or do squirrels even get worms?? Just another thing these crazy squirrels do I guess..mjs