Thread: My 2 10 weeks old not drinking water, only Esbilac 3 times a day, very little block

Threaded View

Default Re: My 2 10 weeks old not drinking water, only Esbilac 3 times a day, very little blo

You're not giving any nuts right? Because if you give them nuts, they won't eat block.

I'm assuming that they are only on formula and you are just beginning to give them block and a few veggies. If this is true, than one reason they might not be eating much block might be simply because they are getting most of their nutrient requirement through the formula, and they only need to nibble a little for fun on the HHB.

If this is true, than as they naturally start eating less formula, and of course do start some veggies, they will much more desire the HHB; because their natural instincts will cause them to eat more block; if you are not giving nuts.

In the beginning, mine only nibbled on the blocks. Much to my dismay, they often shredded them more than eat them. However, as they lessened their formula, they began to eat more block regularly, and I was of course introducing veggies, only one at a time. I chose to not give nuts for a very long time. I wanted to make sure they were very much dependent on the block as their mainstay, before I added nuts. For me, this worked well, and once they were mostly off formula, they stopped shredding their blocks and they began really eating them.

Note: at one point that they were now eating nuts, they stopped eating the block. I had to stop giving the nuts until they resumed two blocks a day. I explained this to them, and I feel really sure that they understood this, for they resumed eating the block immediately.

2. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Lighten-Up:

island rehabber (04-23-2017), JoanP (05-18-2017), rangergirl (06-16-2017)