Thread: Help...Baby Squirrel (5 weeks) is constipated

Question Help...Baby Squirrel (5 weeks) is constipated

He did not go at all yesterday except for in the morning at like 8 am. After the rest of the feedings throughout the day, he didn't go. This morning I stimulated him again and it took a while but he did one small poop pellet. It was soft though and not hard. His belly is round. He isn't dehydrated...his skin goes back fast. I try to get him to drink just plain water but he does not want water.. he only wants that milk (I switched recently a couple days ago from Esbilac to fox valley 20/50 and he pooped quite a bit yesterday morning actually and his poop looks softer with fox valley (he was even more constipated from the Esbilac) but once again, he is not pooping after every feeding. At least not as much as he should with how much he eats. He eats up to 9cc. He is 140 grams.

Default Re: Help...Baby Squirrel (5 weeks) is constipated

It might be good to stick with a single thread, moving around makes it hard to know the history.

I think your baby is eyes open, so older than 5 weeks? They can and will go on their own at this age... are you certain there are no pellets in his cage?

Default Re: Help...Baby Squirrel (5 weeks) is constipated

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    It might be good to stick with a single thread, moving around makes it hard to know the history.

I think your baby is eyes open, so older than 5 weeks? They can and will go on their own at this age... are you certain there are no pellets in his cage?

Yeah.. that's me haha. I posted quite a few times.

I have seen him go on his own. But that's after massaging him and playing with him. There is no pellets in his cage. He doesn't go poop after every feeding. But he does pee a lot every time. Idk. I'm worried.