Thread: Adult girl got outside

Default Adult girl got outside

She is hiding and I do not know what to do. Please help!

Default Re: Adult girl got outside

This is a tough situation since she needs to make the decision to come home.

Her age and deficits that led to her not being released also be a factor.

Dusk is the time she is most likely to return. You can bring her cage outdoors and she might return to the space she recognizes. Food and water are good lures, but once it gets dark she is unlikely to move from whatever spot she is hunkered down in. Is there bad weather in the forecast for your area?

If she does not return this evening, I'd be out there 15 minutes before sunrise calling and searching for her.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Rock Monkey (06-12-2021), Smokythesquirrel (06-10-2021)

Default Re: Adult girl got outside

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    This is a tough situation since she needs to make the decision to come home.

Her age and deficits that led to her not being released also be a factor.

Dusk is the time she is most likely to return. You can bring her cage outdoors and she might return to the space she recognizes. Food and water are good lures, but once it gets dark she is unlikely to move from whatever spot she is hunkered down in. Is there bad weather in the forecast for your area?

If she does not return this evening, I'd be out there 15 minutes before sunrise calling and searching for her.
    I have two traps with nuts, rodent block, blackberries. I also have a wooden ladder for her to get back in her room. She fell ten feet onto a concrete sidewalk. I found her and she seemed alert but she went into the backyard and I am afraid she got into the bottom of the neighbors car. I checked it out pretty good, he started it and honked the horn but she might not be in there. I am praying . Weather looks good, TYVM.