Thread: How to get my squirrel to eat rodent blocK???

Hybrid View

Default Re: How to get my squirrel to eat rodent blocK???

Quote Originally Posted by Ozmarotta View Post
    Hi I read somewhere that the first food to introduce to my squirrel is Rodent and Block
    My squirrel is about five weeks old now only still currently on formula but I can’t seem to get her to eat the rodent and block The form that I read said that it is crucial for them to eat rodent block before any other solids so they can get the proper nutrition that they need ..... any advice would be helpful and if what I read was right I feel I’m gonna have a hard time transitioning her from formula to solids ....🙁
    Can you give us more detail about how you feed her. Ie how much and how often you feed formula, when and what you feed as solid non-formula food. Thanks
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to redwuff from:

RockyPops (10-21-2019)

You said sometimes she eats walnuts... look closely when she does that. Is she taking small 'chips' off it and then chewing, or does it look like she is kinda 'mashing' it?
    'Mashing' a nut to eat it is a sign of bad teeth alignment, which would require a trimming.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Javarat from:

RockyPops (10-21-2019)

Ozmarotta Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Javarat View Post
    You said sometimes she eats walnuts... look closely when she does that. Is she taking small 'chips' off it and then chewing, or does it look like she is kinda 'mashing' it?
    'Mashing' a nut to eat it is a sign of bad teeth alignment, which would require a trimming.
    When she eats the walnuts she takes chips off she does not mash ....I did but the Henry’s rodent block since I posted and it was a success Now I have to focus on vegetables and water to try to get her to eat and drink that and suggestions would be awesome😊

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Ozmarotta from:

RockyPops (10-21-2019)

Ozmarotta Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    Can you give us more detail about how you feed her. Ie how much and how often you feed formula, when and what you feed as solid non-formula food. Thanks

Hi,
    Since I posted I actually ordered the rodent block from Henry’s and it was a successful but also wanted to see how to get her to drink water from the water bubbler thing I put in cage I don’t know what it’s called lol

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Ozmarotta from:

RockyPops (10-21-2019)

Ozmarotta Guest

Quote Originally Posted by redwuff View Post
    Hi,
    I feed her formula 4X a day 9cc each feeding I know it sounds a little much but since she was not really eating anything else and wanted the formula I figured at least that way I can keep her healthy

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Ozmarotta from:

RockyPops (10-21-2019)

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.