Thread: Esbilac UPDATE: OK to use

Hybrid View

Default Re: Esbilac Warning (Ongoing)

Ok thank you. So just want to check I've got this right - sorry for all the questions but best to be safe than sorry. Boil water, let it sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours and then use 2 parts of that, 1 part powder and then 1 part heavy cream?

Is there a limit of how long i keep the boiled water in the fridge or do i have to keep replacing it every time I use it? Just thinking that I'd need about 6 cups of water in there throughout the day if I need to keep having it fresh after 8 hours.

Whilst we're talking about food, do you worry if 1 feed every now and then they don't seem to want it? I've tried weeing and pooping the boy and he's done a bit but hasn't seemed as eager for his feeds the last 2 times. I'm trying not to worry as they've all seemed to have done this on occasions but then guzzle the next one down. Would you island rehabbers say that can be normal or something to be alarmed at?

Default Re: Esbilac Warning (Ongoing)

Quote Originally Posted by Jokev999 View Post

Whilst we're talking about food, do you worry if 1 feed every now and then they don't seem to want it? I've tried weeing and pooping the boy and he's done a bit but hasn't seemed as eager for his feeds the last 2 times. I'm trying not to worry as they've all seemed to have done this on occasions but then guzzle the next one down. Would you island rehabbers say that can be normal or something to be alarmed at?
    Just answered this question in your other thread.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '