Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Average weight of a 23 week old grey squirrel???

Default Re: Average weight of a 23 week old grey squirrel???

Tuff looks a lot like Buddy.

I found Buddy on July 27th, 12 grams.
    Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy View Post

I found Buddy on July 27th, 12 grams.
    Name:  C79D8C18-5D46-41D4-99B2-836182F7A3D8.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  89.3 KB

This was my little man when I got him..seems like so long ago but yet it seems just like yesterday.
    Name:  75A41DB3-15CE-4B98-A29A-B4CEC5D927DF.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  109.3 KB

Now we have this...he has the best personality, it’s so playful, energetic, and inquisitive. One thing I can say is he loves me so much, but it’s on his terms.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Tuff from:

Buddy (04-02-2021)

Animals are magical....Thank you everyone who tries to help them, save them tirelessly...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
    That’s the thing I just can’t do videos lol...he hates my phone tries to eat it, pees on it when it is lying around. He has stolen it a few times.
    Well, the phone means attention not paid to him. They know exactly where our attention lies. Helen was no fan of the computer. Killed three computer mice, one modem power adapter cord (very low amperage) and one scanner power adapter (not plugged in). I wrapped cords in duct tape. That just slowed her down so eventually I just didn't use it in her presence. Removed all the cords every time I used it.

Maybe you could set the phone in position, conceal it somewhat and start it rolling then get the video started before you get him out of his cage. (I wasn't suggesting you make the videos for others, but rather for yourself.)

I bet the squirrels are saying, "Wow, those humans look all the same."

7. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rock Monkey:

Buddy (04-02-2021), Tuff (04-02-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Monkey View Post
    Well, the phone means attention not paid to him. They know exactly where our attention lies. Helen was no fan of the computer. Killed three computer mice, one modem power adapter cord (very low amperage) and one scanner power adapter (not plugged in). I wrapped cords in duct tape. That just slowed her down so eventually I just didn't use it in her presence. Removed all the cords every time I used it.

Maybe you could set the phone in position, conceal it somewhat and start it rolling then get the video started before you get him out of his cage. (I wasn't suggesting you make the videos for others, but rather for yourself.)
    I have so many videos it is crazy!!!! I usually sit the phone down somewhere, where it will get him in his wild crazy antics of play time. He always finds it and tries to take it, very few times does he actually stick to the phone, his attention is always back on play time. We had a couple sessions today and he decided to try and destroy my favorite hat. He usually doesn’t see me in one. It finally caught his attention and then the game was on lol..

9. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

Buddy (04-07-2021), Rock Monkey (04-03-2021)

I have so many videos it is crazy!!!! I usually sit the phone down somewhere, where it will get him in his wild crazy antics of play time. He always finds it and tries to take it, very few times does he actually stick to the phone, his attention is always back on play time. We had a couple sessions today and he decided to try and destroy my favorite hat. He usually doesn’t see me in one. It finally caught his attention and then the game was on lol..
    If Helen couldn't get positive attention she was more than willing to engage in negative behavior to get attention.

Note, she would pretty much only do this these destructive things when I was present. (For instance, she used my book case as a buffet.) Occasionally, I would leave her alone for most of the day, free roaming and when I would return things were not destroyed. She might have chewed on some sticks or disposables that I had provided for just that purpose, but had she wanted to she could have destroyed so many things.

Bottom line, she was good unless I was present and then her expectations of my attention became boundless.

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Rock Monkey from:

Tuff (04-07-2021)

...and I'm purty sure that if you leave the hat on the table or somewhere within his reach it will become his "chalet" (cottage) to rearrange his own way and go spend leisurely time when he wants to unwind, or simply hang out
    "In the midst of our lives we must find the magic that makes our souls soar."
    My darling Scooter, beloved Hami, sweet gentle Simon... YOU are the ones who brought that magic in my life. You've changed the way I see all things around me now and, because of you, I want to be a better person. This is not goodbye, my sweethearts. You be at peace, your work here on earth is done... now you are finally, truly free. Until we meet at the Bridge again, please remember that I will always love you.
    The greatness of a nation can be measured by the way it treats its animals.
    - Gandhi -

Quote Originally Posted by Scooterzmom View Post
    ...and I'm purty sure that if you leave the hat on the table or somewhere within his reach it will become his "chalet" (cottage) to rearrange his own way and go spend leisurely time when he wants to unwind, or simply hang out
    It was the first time he has seen me in a hat lol...he redecorated it a little. It was super humorous. He also discovered I had ears...fairly entertaining...he is so comical..Name:  59B25FAB-9E6A-4D0D-AF8A-5E67F08917CE.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  124.6 KBName:  75DEB8DC-F993-4AFA-AC89-9A92CCB66429.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  117.6 KBName:  EAAB2E9B-F65F-4677-A839-057D701A7572.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  132.7 KB

14. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

Buddy (04-07-2021), Rock Monkey (04-07-2021)

He also discovered I had ears...fairly entertaining...he is so comical..
    Helen used to groom my ears sometimes. That part was okay. The part that made me nervous was that as she did so she would place a paw at the entrance to ear canal. I eventually was able to persuade her not to do so.

16. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Rock Monkey:

Buddy (04-07-2021), Tuff (04-07-2021)

Buddy started grooming my ears and my nose! Him being so gentle is so cute !

He also buries his food in my hair/neck. That's very cute too; but at the end, he tries to cover the area by grabbing the skin from my cheeks/chin area. I keep telling him that won't work/cover it, but he insists.

Buddy started grooming my ears and my nose! Him being so gentle is so cute !

He also buries his food in my hair/neck. That's very cute too; but at the end, he tries to cover the area by grabbing the skin from my cheeks/chin area. I keep telling him that won't work/cover it, but he insists.
    This would be so worth seeing...there is a group on FB that I am on, someone posted a picture with their squirrel sitting on their head. Then everyone’s comment was their squirrels on their heads..I laughed til I cried, cause everyone had the same look on their faces...
    Tuff hasn’t tied to hide food in my hair yet....but we don’t give nuts to him either. He is really good about keeping his food in his cage. Occasionally he will have his block on the kitchen table. He’s really a good boy and usually has a really good temperament. Very playful and fun loving. I hope that really never changes.

19. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Tuff:

Buddy (04-08-2021), sundoesshine (04-08-2021)

I'll try to video next time. It's not nuts that he is caching. It's his block or a piece of coconut...

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

Tuff (04-08-2021)

This would be so worth seeing...there is a group on FB that I am on, someone posted a picture with their squirrel sitting on their head. Then everyone’s comment was their squirrels on their heads..I laughed til I cried, cause everyone had the same look on their faces...
    That sounds hilarious!

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Buddy from:

Tuff (04-08-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12