Thread: Re: Weight loss and overly loveable?

Default Re: Weight loss and overly loveable?

Was anything ever found out? My boy of 11m old has lost some weight and is sweeter also. Still eating and acting fine but am worried about the weight loss.

At 11 months, I would say hormones might be the cause of the changes to your boy. What does his daily diet consist of every day?
    Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels....
    Prayers for the people who make this a better world...
    savesquirrels@sbcglobal.net

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SammysMom from:

stepnstone (01-13-2019)

I feed him 2-3 Henry healthy blocks, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage mostly. I'll mix it up with other veggies occasionally. fruits and nuts for dessert. He was a bit chunky and now his spine is more pronounced. Just trying to be on the safe side. If it's hormones how long does that usually last?

Quote Originally Posted by chip22218 View Post
    I feed him 2-3 Henry healthy blocks, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage mostly. I'll mix it up with other veggies occasionally. fruits and nuts for dessert. He was a bit chunky and now his spine is more pronounced. Just trying to be on the safe side. If it's hormones how long does that usually last?
    According to this website that Diggie's Friend showed me, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, kale and kohlrabi vegetables all originally came from the wild mustard plant so let's say you're feeding broccoli and cabbage one day and cauliflower and kale the next day, it's like you're feeding the same thing so it's not offering a variety so I would suggest offering other types of vegetables.
    https://www.sciencealert.com/these-6...-plant-species

Diggie's Friend also made me aware of how important it is to prepare certain vegetables like the ones mentioned above (Brussel sprouts, broccoli, etc.) by soaking and/or rinsing, boiling or blanching, draining, and rinsing again. If you have time, please read the following starting with Post #3 for the reasons why. Post #7 starting with Paragraph 3 mentions other types of vegetables that should be boiled/blanched and for approximately how long.
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...5-Other-greens

6. Serious fuzzy thank you's to GoldenEyes from:

Diggie's Friend (01-17-2019)