Thread: missing squirrel

Default missing squirrel

Not sure where to post, but I released my 3 boys in April. About 3 weeks ago now my sweetest one disappeared. The other two come to me for food but that’s all. My other one Robbie always jumped on me as soon as he saw and was very territorial around me. I have been out calling him everyday (looking like a nut)! I know it’s mating season but I have also noticed my other two chasing a squirrel and I don’t know if it Robbie and they have given him the boot! They were brothers from one litter.I guess that’s doesnt matter at some point. Does anyone have experience with their missing squirrel coming back??? Is it normal for them return after mating season??

Default Re: missing squirrel

They can disappear for days, weeks... even months.. only to show up one day like they were never gone. Especially boys.

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Grinderhead (07-04-2022), Mermer9 (07-04-2022), sundoesshine (07-05-2022)

Hi Heather. My most recent release (a singleton boy) has followed the same timeline. We released in April, and he came to me each morning for his block when I called his name. He skipped a few weeks in the middle of May and then came back daily through early June. He didn’t show up one day, and I haven’t seen him since. It’s a little heart breaking, but I’ve read so many stories of them just popping in one day that I keep my hopes up. I hope you can, too!

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mermer9 from:

sundoesshine (07-05-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermer9 View Post
    Hi Heather. My most recent release (a singleton boy) has followed the same timeline. We released in April, and he came to me each morning for his block when I called his name. He skipped a few weeks in the middle of May and then came back daily through early June. He didn’t show up one day, and I haven’t seen him since. It’s a little heart breaking, but I’ve read so many stories of them just popping in one day that I keep my hopes up. I hope you can, too!
    I miss him🥹 my other are still around but he was my cuddle bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    They can disappear for days, weeks... even months.. only to show up one day like they were never gone. Especially boys.
    I can’t wait to see him again❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    Yep, mine would have a perfect routine for a week then vanish for a month or two then come back and do it all over again. I swear he got me used to the sporadic-ness so I wouldn't worry when he made his his final move. I like to think it was his way of explaining to me, "i got this, i'll be fine". With the height of the warm weather and food abundance your guy is probably having himself a very big adventure.