Thread: Help! Injured squirrel

Default Help! Injured squirrel

Please advise.
    hello all, I'm new to this forum. My name is Helper. We have an injured squirrel in the front yard. It's dragging it's hindquarters. What should I, or can I do to help it??
    I'm in the west metro area of Minneapolis, Minnesota. It's 3:45 pm, 39 degrees F and it will be getting dark in about an hour so the temperature will drop.

Default Re: Help! Injured squirrel

Quote Originally Posted by Helper View Post
    Please advise.
    hello all, I'm new to this forum. My name is Helper. We have an injured squirrel in the front yard. It's dragging it's hindquarters. What should I, or can I do to help it??
    I'm in the west metro area of Minneapolis, Minnesota. It's 3:45 pm, 39 degrees F and it will be getting dark in about an hour so the temperature will drop.
    Hi Helper:
    I'm so sorry that no one has yet responded to your post! I have been busy with work and for the past several weeks I have been unable to regularly get on TSB but I had a few minutes and noticed your post. I hope that you were able to bring this injured Squirrel inside where it is warm! Please update what has happened since your post last night and let us know the status of the Squirrel. Hopefully we can help! Ideally, this Squirrel should be seen by a "safe" Vet (one who will not confiscate or euthanize the Squirrel) ASAP. You mentioned that the Squirrel was injured but do you know what actually happened (a fall, struck by a car, attack by another animal, etc)? If this is a neurologic injury, others on TSB have used steroids such as prednisone and prednisolone as treatment these specific injuries with apparent success. I hope others will also respond to you thread. Again, I'm so sorry that you have bee waiting so for a response!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SamtheSquirrel2018:

Charley Chuckles (11-29-2022), MyBushyTail (11-29-2022), Tashahaven (11-29-2022)