Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: releasing rehabbed babies?

Default Re: releasing rehabbed babies?

here is daisy who you all know! daisy isn’t muchi’s biological kiddo — the rehab center added him and his brother to muchi’s unit and they gladly accepted them in!
    Name:  FullSizeRender_VSCO.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  117.4 KB

this is bunki, daisy’s brother! while daisy likes to take “guard” duty to protect his sibs, bunki likes snuggling up with his sibs. i always see him and pochi cuddling up!
Views: 26
Size:  120.9 KB

and here are a few of them getting cuddly —
Views: 21
Size:  140.9 KB

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to astrll:

olorin19 (07-03-2024), scoopysnack (07-01-2024)

Oh they are beautiful ❤️
    Great job I'm so glad this is working out for you and them
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Charley Chuckles:

astrll (07-03-2024), scoopysnack (07-01-2024)

Quote Originally Posted by astrll View Post
    one question — one of my wilds appeared today with tons of fleas! my sister gave him revolution immediately but is it possible that the fleas could make it to the enclosure? he never went near the enclosure but i don’t know how fleas travel. we checked the enclosure tonight and kept a close eye on the babies but we couldn’t find any signs of fleas. just in case we cleaned the enclosure thoroughly.
    Hi Astril:
    Fleas jump directly from host to host or they are spread by having fleas drop off (or jump off) an object onto a new host or onto another object that a new host might contact such as bedding material some other object. It sound like your babies have no flea infestation and hopefully, never will!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

6. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SamtheSquirrel2018:

Hi Astril:
    Y'all (I believe your mentioned that your sister is also involve in your Squirrel raising!) is are doing a tremendous job with these babies, Astril! Thanks for your care, concern and love of these Babies!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

8. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SamtheSquirrel2018:

Hi Astrll,

Catching-up on TSB activity and just finished reading this thread.......WOW!!

I said in another posting that Muchi transferred motherhood of her babies to you knowing you would absolutely love and care for them. Muchi was totally right and would be so proud of you! Its awesome that her babies are right back where they started and all together through this journey. You have been the rock for this squirrel family! In addition, the Squirrel Gods have trusted you with 2 more. Your journey has been amazing and I enjoy reading every post. You have earned your rescue and rehab stripes with me. Keep up the great work. Thank you!!!

Mr.SSG

10. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to supersquirrelgirl:

OUFFF feeding time is getting rowdy haha! daisy will refuse formula after 11 cc’s but will bother pichi while i’m feeding her and try to grab her syringe even though he’s not interested in it — classic! he doesn’t want formula but he does like bothering his sister for whatever she’s gobbling up

i had my updates typed out and then my browser crashed so i lost it here we go!

day 18 — already into july! pichi had 20 cc’s in the morning and 19 cc’s in the evening. daisy had 8 cc’s both times.

pichi hurt her foot again for some reason everyone wants to be inside her tent and she got into a fight with a grey. the tent is clean with no stashes so i can’t figure out why they’re suddenly interested in it. though they might just be interested in chasing pichi away. when she moved to the second nest box they bullied her out of there too. finally we put a carrier in the enclosure with some blocks and water and they got distracted enough that pichi could finally go back to her tent to start cleaning the wound.

the wound doesn’t look too bad aside from the blood and she’s not limping. is there anything i can do to help her along though?

i wish i could give her the option of her own enclosure! the other seven seem to fight her a lot. she’s the smallest of the bunch so i wonder if that’s why?

here’s some photos of the wound —
    Name:  Frame.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  Frame.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  107.4 KB

ALSO on this day everyone was crazy hyper. usually when i’m in there only daisy and pichi move around like normal and the rest go hide in their box. if i stand outside the enclosure all of them will come out except for bunki and the third tan one. so i’ve been able to see mostly everyone with my own eyes except for bunki and the third tan. i only get to see those two on the cameras.

but on this day everyone was out and running around me while i was trying to give pichi her formula so i finally go to get a good look at those two shy ones.

i thought daisy and bunki were related but they’re both wildly different sizes. i can’t tell if it’s because daisy is getting formula on top of the blocks so he’s growing faster or if they are just different ages. seeing daisy next to bunki is crazy! daisy’s definitely the biggest of the lot right now. bunki doesn’t look malnourished and i’ve seen him eating on the cameras but i wish he would come out more when i’m outside. can’t be helped i guess!

day 19 — yesterday! pichi had 19 cc’s of formula in the morning and 20 cc’s in the evening. daisy had 7 cc’s in the morning and 5 cc’s in the evening. AND mooki decided he wanted some too all of a sudden! he had 10 cc’s in the evening.

since mooki suddenly showed interest in formula we’re going to try putting some in one of the water bottles and watch on the cams if there are any takers. the only thing is watching out for daisy and pichi so they don’t get extra. i think if i give them each a blackberry they’ll be distracted enough.

it wasn’t a very hot day and there was a nice breeze but they all mostly rested in the afternoon. in the morning and evening they started coming out to play and eat. it was the same with my wilds so i’m not too concerned about the lack of energy.

pichi’s foot is cleaned! it looks a little swollen and she’s favouring her other foot but it’s not a limp. it doesn’t look infected either. the only thing odd is she’s keeping her toes pinched together.

we gave her some more nesting material and she packed it into her tent. other than daisy’s usual antics with her, everyone left her alone so she got her much needed rest to heal that foot!

day 20 — today! i got pichi to sit on the scale again and she’s gained about 30-40 grams! when i last measured she was about 290 grams at 7 am and today she was about 320–330 grams at 7 am. i couldn’t get her to sit still because she kept flinching at daisy’s antics.

so going by the 5-7% rule at 320 grams, she can have about 16–22.4 cc’s of formula. i’ve been giving her 19 — should i start increasing to 20? and is the weight gain too much too fast or is it okay? i didn’t even notice she gained weight because compared to her biological siblings she’s still small.

tried to give mooki some more formula but this morning he refused. we’ll have to see what he decides tonight! is it normal for weaned squirrels to still want formula on and off like that?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567