Thread: 6 month Grey Female Need some Advice on Chewing and Calming

Question 6 month Grey Female Need some Advice on Chewing and Calming

Hey guys, I rescued baby Rockette at 5 weeks sadly her mom was attacked by a cat and I was able to get to her as the cat was coming up to her. Anyways have trial and error and a lot of learning she's healthy as ever about 3 months in I took her to the vet and said her incisors are great she's just in perfect health her 6 month check up is coming up and so far I love her like my own daughter. She stay in my room mostly free running plenty of stuff to climb on and she loves to play fight with me. The questions I have are these. 1. Shes been getting into my closet and chewing on clothes I give her plenty of stuff to chew on but I'm wondering if anyone has tips on this I don't mind her chewing on other stuff here and there doesn't bother me but the clothes is eh. And 2. She's always been rowdy which is expect she's comes when called/gestured at. She play fights. Likes to hide in the middle of my back where I can't get her but I've been wanting to harness train her the problem is she hates them hates them and I know it takes a lot of effort and training which is okay. But she won't let me pick her up by the belly to hold her she always knows what I'm trying to do even if I don't make it obvious. There fore I can't put the harness on her and if I do get it one her after about an hour she freezes and curls up in a ball wiggling until she's free even if I make it tight (not too tight but firm) anyone know how I can combat this? Please help.

Default Re: 6 month Grey Female Need some Advice on Chewing and Calming

I can't give any advice on the harness situation, but mine did the same thing with the closet.
    Hanging garment bags! Slightly inconvenient for me for day to day use, but 100% kept the little butt from getting at anything.
    All of my nice clothes went in garment bags, and I covered everything else with a big piece of the fleece I'd bought to cut up for nesting. I mostly just needed to cover the hangers for mine, but throw blankets or spare sheets would work and could cover the clothes entirely. I think I used old beach towels initially. I draped them over the rod and worked the back down behind the clothes to get it centered.