Hi TSB Community, I freed Theodora & Simone, 2 female squirrels. Simone fell straight from her box, landed on a stinging weed bush climbed a tree and left & the Theodora refused to leave. This is day #3 and she hasn’t moved.
Im located in the Rep. of Panama, Central America, they are variegated squirrels, 6.5 months of age. I rescued them 10 days old and raised them indoors following all healthy recommendations. They are my second pair of squirrels rescued, raised and released. They are well nourished, fit and happy. I placed them in their wooden boxes in a tree. I’m bring food and water and supervising them from 20 yards away.

There are predators in this tropical rainforest where and she is not looking for a place to sleep safely, exploring for water or food.
I don’t know what she is doing? Could she be expecting her sister to come back because she went to look inside her box? Or for us to keep providing for her needs?

Any suggestions I would be very grateful.

Kind regards,

Squirrel Nut

Attached picture of Theodora at the freeing place behind a neighbors back yard next to the Forest.

Name:  IMG_6297.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  195.8 KB