Thread: How to know how old my baby squirrel is

Post How to know how old my baby squirrel is

Hi everyone I found a little squirrel on Thursday it was all wet and scared because some kids were throwing things at her and getting her with cold water. Eventually their dad came out and he provided me a box so I could get a hold of her. I brought her to my house and fed her some water with a little bit of pedialyte and she ate 1 almond. That same day I immediately went to go get her a cage and ordered her some esbilac powder milk after doing my research and finding out that was the best option. After research and looking at images I figured that my little girl is about 6 weeks old but I'm not an expert and I would like to know if I'm wrong or if she is around the age I believe she is. Her eyes are fully open and she's fully furred, her bottom teeth are there and her tail is fluffy and she curls it now whenever she's eating

She drinks about 12-14 cc each time I feed her the formula and eats every 6 hrs, If she eats less formula she eats some fruit or half a peanut to get her stomach full. I ordered her some rodent blocks already which I'm receiving today and so far she's doing great but I still have so many questions I would like to ask because I'm so paranoid and I want to know if I'm doing a good job or what can i change to make sure she's completely good.

The picture where she's on my hand was when I first found her a week ago and the other picture is from 3 days ago. I will also try to upload a video of her playing
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Angelthesquirrel from:

Tashahaven (09-09-2022)

Default Re: How to know how old my baby squirrel is

Name:  7079AE9D-674A-44FF-8496-56C38559EBA4.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  431.7 KB
    This is another picture of her also from 3 days ago

Quote Originally Posted by Angelthesquirrel View Post
    She drinks about 12-14 cc each time I feed her the formula and eats every 6 hrs, If she eats less formula she eats some fruit or half a peanut to get her stomach full. I ordered her some rodent blocks already which I'm receiving today and so far she's doing great but I still have so many questions I would like to ask because I'm so paranoid and I want to know if I'm doing a good job or what can i change to make sure she's completely good.

She may be closer to 7 weeks... she is adorable.

The only solids she should be getting are rodent block right now... nothing else until she is eating the rodent block well. And even then, always the rodent block first.

No nuts. Period. Maybe as treats down the road, but nuts now makes the path a very difficult and treacherous one...

Thank you for saving her.

Here is the healthy food pyramid:
    https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels

5. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

Angelthesquirrel (09-07-2022), RockyPops (09-07-2022)

Thank you for showing kindness to this precious little soul!

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to RockyPops from:

Angelthesquirrel (09-07-2022)