Thread: Green runny stool

Default Green runny stool

My squirrel is about 5ish weeks. I just switched her formula to the FV. Her stool is green, runny and it smells. Not sure if it's normal, its her second day on the new formula. Or if I should be concerned.

Default Re: Green runny stool

Which FV formula are you feeding and which formula are you switching from?

No, her poop should not be runny or green or outrageously smelly. It should be more of a golden color, or mustard-ish color when eating FV formula.

Green and smelly sounds like giardia. Can you post pictures of the poop? I know gross, but very helpful.

If this is giardia it is it will need to be treated with medication. Some that can be effective include metronidazole ("Metro"), fenbendazole (Panacur, Safe-Guard), sulfadimethozone ("Albon"). We can assist with dosing but we'll need to know how much your squirrel weighs and which drug and strength. Check your cabinets, call friends family and neighbors... you'll need just one pill or small amount.. someone you know may have some albon or panacur for their pets. The Metro is (IMO) most effective. Panacur (
    fenbendazole) is a common cat / dog / horse de-wormer can be purchased over the counter at Tractor Supply stores.