Thread: Pinkie with respiratory clicking

Rattriffic Guest

Default Pinkie with respiratory clicking

I just got in a tiny baby that is about a week and a 1/2 old. Because this baby was dropped off at the emergency vet clinic I do not know if the people who found it tried to hydrate it and may have possibly aspirated it. You can hear clicking when it breathes And all I have done is get it warm I was just checking it over because of has some wounds from the fall in could hear the clicking. I have never had a baby aspirate I've been exceptionally lucky. I don't know if it's possible for them to have a little bit of fluid may be in their throat but not actually down in the lungs and it will clear on its own or if it is just automatic to put them on to Antibiotics....
    The only antibiotics I have on me right now are clavamox, Zyndaclin, and albon. I can get Bay trail but it would not be in till tomorrow so the baby would have to go more than 12 hours without any antibiotics and I know that time is of the essence with Aspiration.
    With the amount of babies I have had I have just never had to personally deal with this and it is a good healthy baby I would like to try to save if possible. Maybe it's too late once they start clicking I don't know..... If any of the antibioticss listed above will work Please let me know and I can get the baby on them immediately

Default Re: Pinkie with respiratory clicking

Quote Originally Posted by Rattriffic View Post
    I just got in a tiny baby that is about a week and a 1/2 old. Because this baby was dropped off at the emergency vet clinic I do not know if the people who found it tried to hydrate it and may have possibly aspirated it. You can hear clicking when it breathes And all I have done is get it warm I was just checking it over because of has some wounds from the fall in could hear the clicking. I have never had a baby aspirate I've been exceptionally lucky. I don't know if it's possible for them to have a little bit of fluid may be in their throat but not actually down in the lungs and it will clear on its own or if it is just automatic to put them on to Antibiotics....
    The only antibiotics I have on me right now are clavamox, Zyndaclin, and albon. I can get Bay trail but it would not be in till tomorrow so the baby would have to go more than 12 hours without any antibiotics and I know that time is of the essence with Aspiration.
    With the amount of babies I have had I have just never had to personally deal with this and it is a good healthy baby I would like to try to save if possible. Maybe it's too late once they start clicking I don't know..... If any of the antibioticss listed above will work Please let me know and I can get the baby on them immediately
    Will need to know the form and milligram of the Clavamox and the weight of baby.
    Meds are dosed by body weight.
    Baytril will be best when acquired.
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

Rattriffic Guest

The clavamox is powder that you add water to. We don't mix it up Until we actually need some because it goes back in 10 days. I don't know if that's a standard formula that comes in a certain milligrams per gram. I do not have the Box right where I can look at it I went to go double check everything that I have and I do not have any clavamox left. I can get either it or baytril 1st thing in the morning. I thought I had some on hand.... While waiting I tried to search as much as I could. It sound like the baytril Really is the best for aspiration. If this little guy can make it 8 hours I'd rather just get what's gonna be best for him. I really should have some on hand it's just not a medication I use.
    Can I get the Baytril dosage?

Get LIQUID (injectable) Baytril -- much easier to dose. We need a weight on the baby, in grams.
    Island Rehabber
    NY State Licensed
    Wildlife Rehabilitator

"Ancora Imparo" (I am still learning)
    Michelangelo

If you can't afford the vet,
    You can't afford a pet.
    NEGLECT IS ABUSE.

"Better one day in the trees, than a lifetime in a cage."

'...and the greatest of these, is Love. '

Clavamox will work, but it has to be given to work. Baytril is best for AP, but you have clavamox on hand has treated many cases of AP. We know the strength of the clavamox is 62.5mg/ml, but we need the wt of your baby. AP is treatable if treated in time. If you don't have a scale to weigh baby, post a picture and we can guess at the wt. Time is critical!
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Quote Originally Posted by Rattriffic View Post
    The clavamox is powder that you add water to. We don't mix it up Until we actually need some because it goes back in 10 days. I don't know if that's a standard formula that comes in a certain milligrams per gram. I do not have the Box right where I can look at it I went to go double check everything that I have and I do not have any clavamox left. I can get either it or baytril 1st thing in the morning. I thought I had some on hand.... While waiting I tried to search as much as I could. It sound like the baytril Really is the best for aspiration. If this little guy can make it 8 hours I'd rather just get what's gonna be best for him. I really should have some on hand it's just not a medication I use.
    Can I get the Baytril dosage?
    Sorry, did not see this post.
    redwuff
    State Licensed
    Master Wildlife Rehabilitator

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.