Thread: Cheerios has a swollen toe! :(

KateSN0W Guest

Default Cheerios has a swollen toe! :(

I have been taking care of a baby squirrel for 10 weeks now. I have been coming to this board for a lot of help and you guys are awesome! I cannot find any help for a swollen toe, though. My grandmother is in the hospital and I was visiting her for an hour. When I came back home my squirrel had its toe caught in the cage! It was really red and swollen, but I got it unstuck. It has been 24 hours since it has happened and it is less mashed looking, but still very swollen. I am not sure if a bone is broken in it's toe. It is moving all of the other toes just fine on that front left paw. The toe moves fine, but it is not using it as it normally would. I don't know if that is just because it is super swollen, if it hurts, or if it is broke. Cheerios is also jumping around and climbing fine. I do not know what to do for it and I would really like to avoid a visit to a veterinarian.

Also, I have taped the section where it got its toe stuck and all other sections like it so it will not happen again.

Name:  cheeriostoe.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  188.1 KB

If you cannot see that picture, here is a link: http://i.imgur.com/2TgEKGL.jpg

Default Re: Cheerios has a swollen toe! :(

He'll probably be fine. Would you like us to dose some infant ibuprofen if you think he's in pain?

KateSN0W Guest

Okay, thank you. I wasn't sure, but I think she will be fine, too. She seems happy enough and the swelling has gone down some since then. Thank you for responding!

Welcome to TSB by the way! I'm sorry that nobody else responded. We're usually better than that. We'd love to hear more about her.

Also, have you seen the healthy diet thread? Usually we ask about diet first thing because it's so incredibly important and what most people get wrong. Here's the thread:

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...-Pet-Squirrels

Can you tell us what she's been raised on and gets now?

Hope you stick around TSB!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.