Friends, I just received a group email from an active and very good squirrel rehabber in lower Manhattan (NYC). She is no longer going to be rehabbing wildlife, and instead will devote her time to cat rescue. What this means is that an area with over 18million humans and Lord knows how many million squirrels is now being covered by one less wildlife rehabber. This leaves MAYBE four of us to save squirrels.

So, if you live in NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, Nassau County or even lower Westchester county, please consider wildlife rehabilitation as your next adventure in life. I promise to help as much as I physically can and will provide everything a new rehabber needs to get started. You can take in as few as ONE or as many as...whatever......just look into your heart and mind and see if you are being called to help. The need is HUGE. Between us few, we rescue and release so many orphaned and injured squirrels every season, but there are times when we turn off our phones or don't answer the email because we physically cannot help more babies.

COME ON, downstaters! Don't let them get all the credit in Oneonta and Buffalo! NY metro loves squirrels too!

Thanks for listening.
Peace, Love, Squirrels.