Thread: Call them and help the pigeons!!!

Mystic Dreamz Guest

Default Call them and help the pigeons!!!

NIKOLAY
    Protect Animals
    Al

Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:24 PM
    Subject:

Pigeons were in an awning of a store when they had it repaired, leaving the birds inside. One of the people in Pigeon People's northeast Queens crew found out yesterday.

The animal cops (ASPCA or A, as we call them) has protected pigeons in this situation before. But this time, they merely gave the rescuer our phone number.

Please call the store manager and the A and tell them the birds are dying from lack of water.

The A's job is to stop cruelty. They can force the store to open the awning and let the birds out. In spite of that, they have told us in this situation that they don't protect pigeons from trapping. Tell them this is cruel!

Call them - 212-876-7700, ext. 4450. Follow up by writing - enforcement@aspca.org
    (@ aspca. org)
    If you're a New Yorker or from anywhere, you can help.

Call the store manager Helen at 718-968-7684. It's DressBarn Woman in Queens, NYC. This is in the Fresh Meadows neighborhood at 61-24 190th Street.

Tell them both that Pigeon People will take the pigeons if they're too sick to fly away.

AmyRose Guest

Default Re: Call them and help the pigeons!!!

Wow, that's cruelty. I may not be in NY, but I am a member of the ASPCA, and I am sending them an email explaining that that's the point of the organization- defending and saving animals! Thanks for passing the word.

AmyRose Guest

This was my email:
    Hello,
    It has been brought to my attention that the manager of a Dress Barn in NY has allowed a repair of the store's awning to trap a number of pigeons inside. I have been told that your organization has refused to assist in trying to free the trapped desperate birds. I have been a member of your fine organization for some years now, and frankly I was appalled to here this news. Is this true? Is not our obligation to oppose cruelty like this? The birds will surely suffer a slow, horrible death inside. PLEASE, I am urging to you to call Helen at 718-968-7684. She is the manage of this store. It's Dress Barn Woman in Queens, NYC. This is in the Fresh Meadows neighborhood at 61-24 190th Street. I know I'll be following this closely, as will others like myself who rely on groups such as the ASPCA to reach out in times like this where one person cannot reach out themselves. Please respond, and let me know what you intend to do. My future support of your group and your reputation amongst my peers depend on your decision.Please also be aware, all that is being asked if for a release of the birds-Pigeon People have graciously cared enough to take them. Thank you, name/address/phone
    Yes, I meant it. If groups we support financially do not live up to the promies they make, and protect or defend the animals in need, I have no need of them. They are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. Thanks again for the heads-up!

AmyRose Guest

Let's remind them WHY they came to be in the first place! I have yet to get a response, but I will make good on my promise. Defenders of Wildlife can get the extra funds, or some other protection group.

Mystic Dreamz Guest

Yipppieeeeeeeee the ASPCA did something about it.

They received a lot of pressure. Sad that it took pressure for them to actually care.

Screw the aspca.

Treating pigeons and squirrels like garbage!

AmyRose Guest

And you know, I received no response to that email? Perhaps they don't need me, after all...

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.