Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Treating mange in the wild

emjaysea Guest

Default Re: Treating mange in the wild

Also, I'd say it's a medium sized squirrel.

Apple Corps Guest

I sent you a pm - can you tell us what is on the Ivermectin bottle regarding its strength ?

Apple Corps Guest

We've PMd - I am going to call Chris tomorrow and get the product info and we'll be ready to

NUKE the MANGE

emjaysea Guest

INDEED!!!
    Patchy needs help, and with the help of this forum, I'm just the guy to help him out! ;-) (if that makes any sense at all...)

And, I must say, I don't do this for any reason other than I feel bad for the little guy, but the side bonus is I'm earning unexpected points with my wife, too! Listen up, guys! :-P

Thanks for all your assistance, it's truly appreciated.
    mjc

emjaysea Guest

Quote Originally Posted by emjaysea
    INDEED!!!
    Patchy needs help, and with the help of this forum, I'm just the guy to help him out! ;-) (if that makes any sense at all...)

And, I must say, I don't do this for any reason other than I feel bad for the little guy, but the side bonus is I'm earning unexpected points with my wife, too! Listen up, guys! :-P

Thanks for all your assistance, it's truly appreciated.
    mjc
    Sorry, didn't mean for my Indeed to be larger than your nuke the mange...unfamiliar with the controls, am I...

AC did you get the info? I can help with dosage if needed.

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Apple Corps Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rippie-n-lilgirlsmom
    AC did you get the info? I can help with dosage if needed.
    rippie - I am waiting to get a reply from Chris as to what strength Ivermectin she sent so we can calculate the dosage.

AC she sells all 1%

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Apple Corps Guest

rippie and I just PMd & rippie will post the treatment dose - wonder if it arrived yet ??

I pm'd the dosage & instuctions.

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Apple Corps Guest

Helpful are you & rippie to & Gamma & .........

emjaysea Guest

Hopefully someone is still following this thread: there's been some implication that one could put the required dosage on a single pecan or walnut. My dosage instructions are 1 ml, three times, once every 10 days. But when I tried to put one ml on a pecan, I found I needed about five pecans (shelled, so I suppose it's half a pecan). Does that sound right, or am I doing it wrong? I do have a syringe marked mL, and google tells me that's another way of saying ml, so I think I'm doing it right, just want more confirmation.
    Thanks,
    mjc

emjaysea Guest

Quote Originally Posted by emjaysea
    Hopefully someone is still following this thread: there's been some implication that one could put the required dosage on a single pecan or walnut. My dosage instructions are 1 ml, three times, once every 10 days. But when I tried to put one ml on a pecan, I found I needed about five pecans (shelled, so I suppose it's half a pecan). Does that sound right, or am I doing it wrong? I do have a syringe marked mL, and google tells me that's another way of saying ml, so I think I'm doing it right, just want more confirmation.
    Thanks,
    mjc
    Apple Corps helped me straighten this out. 1/100'th of a CC is the prescribed amount for a 1% dilution of Ivermectin and a 1 lb squirrel. About the size of a pin head. Thanks.

Hopefully someone is still following this thread: there's been some implication that one could put the required dosage on a single pecan or walnut. My dosage instructions are 1 ml, three times, once every 10 days. But when I tried to put one ml on a pecan, I found I needed about five pecans (shelled, so I suppose it's half a pecan). Does that sound right, or am I doing it wrong? I do have a syringe marked mL

Oh Lordy no, Thank you AC. Yes pin head thats it! Let us know how it goes?

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Apple Corps Guest

All for the love of fuzzers and helping each other out

With some luck - Ivermectin will start to work its magic quickly and some improvement may be seen within - 7 days maybe ????

mjs

Apple Corps Guest

By now some improvement should be showing - any news???

I gave 1 drop Ivermectin to Pookie last Tuesday evening in a strength of 1 drop of 1% ivermection to 12 drops of PG. (I don't have a syringe to measure pinheads so I used an eyedropper.) Pookie seems to have more energy and leaves her nest more now and the patches have not increased, but they are looking somewhat scabbier than they were before. I don't know if this means she is getting better or worse. Attached are some pictures I took several weeks ago and then tonite. She has had a bad left eye and a torn ear since I've known her. In fact, her eye looks better now. Can someone comment on whether this is mange or does she have a fungus?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Clarification: the next to last photo was taken a couple of weeks ago. Sorry to be such a worry wart.

Apple Corps Guest

jlm27 - that looks like the many many pics of mange that I have seen.

Also: http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...d.php?p=169288

Lastly - have you given the second dose yet??

Its mange and mange will affect the eyes, making it difficult for them to see well.

Pa. licenced Rehabber

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 2