a little over a month ago, my sisters found a baby squirrel in our yard. we couldn't find anyone willing to take him in, so i decided to take care of it. at the time his eyes were shut and he had very little fur.

he had been doing very well when all of a sudden my sisters discovered him in his cage covered in urine and seemingly dead. my mother was prepping a box to bury him in when she noticed he squeaked. they kept him warm, massaged him and gave him pedialyte. this occured 2 days ago. he is now very alert and active, but he seems very bloated, urinates frequently (and sometimes uncontrollably) and has had diarrhea. the diarrhea started out as a brownish yellow liquid, now it is a clear yellow liquid. he is being given pedialyte, but he is extremely hungry. i didn't want to give him any formula, but i can tell he is very hungry. i have given him 1/4 formula and pedialyte, but there is no change in the diarrhea.

i massaged his belly, but he still seems slightly bloated. i have no idea what could have caused all of this. the only thing different he ate (other than his regular formula (esbliac) and bananas) was a ripe guava (w/o seeds). sorry for the long message, but i am really worried for the little guy. if any one knows of vets in los angeles that will see squirrels please let me know ( the last vet i took him too looked disgusted that i would actually bring a squirrel into her office!)