Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I can help in clearwater Fl.

FLUFFYTAILNUT Guest

Default Re: I can help in clearwater Fl.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylady
    all -I'm gonna go and give it the night- if she's not better tomorrow -I'll have to find a vet- prays she's better by am she is sleeping now. I need a rest! Thanks guys!
    I found one for you..scroll back a page..Its one thats use to working and handling Squirrels..

Sunnylady Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 4skwerlz
    One more thing, can you get some Pedialyte, Gatorade, or Smart Water for her in case she is becoming dehydrated? If she starts to act lethargic, that could be dehydration.

You can also make some homemade rehydration fluid:
    --1 teaspoon salt
    --3 teaspoons sugar
    --1 quart warm water
    Mix all ingredients in warm water. Store in refrigerator.

Good to know how to make it- I got the Pedialyte, she's drinks it on and off- wonders if i should give her water too- i read too much salt could hurt them.
    Worries... How long to give this-? I replaced her water with it today around 3 pm. she drinks it- a lot. OOH I worry so much I'll use my best judgement- tonight I'll keep it in her cage. tomorrow maybe swich on and off? sigh!

I'm off for a nap- not well myself. oh boy!

Sunnylady Guest

Smile Re: I can help in clearwater Fl.

Quote Originally Posted by FLUFFYTAILNUT
    There's a place..here in ..Florida....WeekiWachee Animal care..In Weeki Wachee...352 596 2100 Dr Kern

If your willing to make the drive..he see's squirrrels..on a regular basis..
    Hope this Helps..Rachel......

Thanks but that's a LONG Trip for her- hope to find one in Clearwater- but good to know, thanks!

Here is a 24-hour emergency number for Florida Wildlife Care Center. They have a whole page on squirrels. They won't euthanize or seize your animal.

http://www.floridawildlifecare.org/h...ncyInformation

We work throughout North Central Florida and also give referals across the state please use our 24-hour helpline for emergency help
    (352) 371-4400
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

FLUFFYTAILNUT Guest

How is..Sugar this Morning??
    Any changes...?

How is Sugar today?

Yes, you are right, it is better to give EXTRA fluids with Pedialyte, still allowing access to regular water, and don't give it for longer than 24 hours because of the high salt content. Sounds like you know what you're doing!

An excellent way to help keep her hydrated is with grapes (peeled and cut in half) or watermelon.
    Henry's Healthy Pets
    Henry's Healthy Blocks, Fox Valley Formula, Fleecies Cage Gear and more

The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations… ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928

Sunnylady Guest

Wink Re: I can help in clearwater Fl.

Quote Originally Posted by 4skwerlz
    How is Sugar today?

Yes, you are right, it is better to give EXTRA fluids with Pedialyte, still allowing access to regular water, and don't give it for longer than 24 hours because of the high salt content. Sounds like you know what you're doing!

An excellent way to help keep her hydrated is with grapes (peeled and cut in half) or watermelon.
    very perky and i seen a firming - I hope it's over. :wott

she had a grape and water- also a hazel nut and a peice of butternut sqush(sp) I think she feels better than me! I hope it's over- Thanks everyone... Just being able to share- without the people who don't understand is great! She's my baby! so she's a squirrel!

Buddy'sMom Guest

Glad she's feeling better! Stick around ... we'd love to hear more about Sugar! (love the name -- they are such sweeties )

cr8zyanimalgirl Guest

Glad to hear she is doing better. I have 3 vets in the area here is Pinellas, Hillsborough and Pasco. I know they work with Flyers, and sugar gliders I am not 100% sure if they do regular squirrels. The one in Pinellas is Steele Animal Hospital they are on Seminole Blvd. Hillsborough there are 2 actually 1 is Citrus Park Animals Hospital and I am looking up the 2nd one. The one in Pasco is Pasco Animal Hospital they are right on us 19 across the street from Sam's Club. Hope this helps

I can also help with babies that are in need of help in Hillsborough, paco and Pinellas County. I live in the Tarpon Springs area.

Animal<3'er Guest

Hi Nova.. I have three flying squirrels that are about 3-4 months old... I am ready to release them and wanted to know if you knew of a safe place to do so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.