Thread: Wildlife Bottle Baby Workshop

Default Wildlife Bottle Baby Workshop

I'm thinking about going to this Workshop it's for people who want basic training on how to care for wildlife. Since I rescued my squirrel last year I've been wanting to do this. I know it's just a start and it's basic but hopefully, it'll keep me from getting into trouble if someone finds out about me having the squirrel I rescued. They offer it every year it's for people who want to help assist licensed rehabbers with wildlife.

https://www.friendsofwildlife.net/

Default Re: Wildlife Bottle Baby Workshop

Quote Originally Posted by Candicex View Post
    I'm thinking about going to this Workshop it's for people who want basic training on how to care for wildlife. Since I rescued my squirrel last year I've been wanting to do this. I know it's just a start and it's basic but hopefully, it'll keep me from getting into trouble if someone finds out about me having the squirrel I rescued. They offer it every year it's for people who want to help assist licensed rehabbers with wildlife.

https://www.friendsofwildlife.net/
    Hi Candicex:
    Thanks for your post! I followed the link and this facility certainly appears to be legitimate, experienced and involved with not just the animals they rehab but the regional human community as well! Please let us know what you thought of the workshop!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

Default Re: Wildlife Bottle Baby Workshop

More information is always a good idea but I do not think it will change the legality of having your squirrel. You may consider becoming a wildlife rehabber after researching your state and local laws. Likewise, it's best not to broadcast social media and word of mouth about keeping any animals -- many people have had their pets stolen. In Florida, I know of numerous cases where people broke into reptile pens to steal animals. So IMO, go to the workshop, find out if/how you can make sure you're legally able to hold the squirrel, and keep it to yourself anyway because animal rights nuts try to release animals by cutting pens, etc, and low life criminals steal animals.