Thread: Age question

Default Age question

Hey, everyone. I have 3 rescue babies that I’m trying to determine their age. Their names are Marshall, Chase, and Katie. We rescued them on 2/26 and they weighed roughly 30g each. Today, they’re all weighing between 50-52g. Well, as of this afternoon, Marshall has one eye opened now! So exciting!

My fiancé has rescued squirrels before but never so young. Just wondering if maybe they’re older than we thought and just underweight? Or maybe his eye opened by his litter mates or himself? Although, I don’t see anything that would make me think it was forced open early.

They were on pedialyte, then Esbilac and Bene-Bac-Plus for the first few days of rescue until their new formula came in (Exotic Nutrition Speciality Milk Replacer). As recommended to me, I just ordered Fox Valley 20/50 and the Ultraboost as well as powdered Esbilac, which was recommended I do 50% of each until weaned.

Also included is a photo from when they were first rescued, photo of all of them from this morning, and photo of the little one whose eye is open.

Name:  IMG_0070.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  109.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9193.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  154.3 KB

Name:  IMG_9203.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  89.5 KB

Default Re: Age question

If you call Eye Opening Day as 5 weeks old, you will normally be within a day or two of being correct unless the baby came in in terrible condition.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Charley Chuckles (03-15-2024), newsquirrelma (03-15-2024)