Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meek has bumps and lumps

Default Re: Meek has bumps and lumps

Ivermectin dosing sent in a pm.

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

LaShae1995 (02-13-2024), SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-13-2024)

♡♡♡Treatment has been started ♡♡♡
    Thank you all! I'll let yall know if I see improvement on the bugs and lumps.

4. Serious fuzzy thank you's to LaShae1995 from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-15-2024)

I checked her today and I didn't see fleas or the orange bugs no more not like I did see so that's great!!!

However I did see the lumps were the same if not a little worse. I did find one on her toe now!
    I made a collage of it before and now. I noticed her toe was a little swelled before and now it is more swollen with a lump. The other toes seem a little larger but it could be the distance of the camera and the lighting outdoors (sun). I'll take more pictures and keep an eye on them.

Her eye seems like the lump got the dry scaley appearance like her armpit did. Her armpit seems more shabby.

If the mite infestation was the cause of all the sores could it appear to get worse before getting better? Or could this be pox and she just happened to have mites. The boys are all good now! With Mr Q having a bite ear but they look fine!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Here is a really interesting read on pox.

http://www.wildthingssanctuary.org/squirrel-pox.html

Quote Originally Posted by LaShae1995 View Post
    I checked her today and I didn't see fleas or the orange bugs no more not like I did see so that's great!!!

However I did see the lumps were the same if not a little worse. I did find one on her toe now!
    I made a collage of it before and now. I noticed her toe was a little swelled before and now it is more swollen with a lump. The other toes seem a little larger but it could be the distance of the camera and the lighting outdoors (sun). I'll take more pictures and keep an eye on them.

Her eye seems like the lump got the dry scaley appearance like her armpit did. Her armpit seems more shabby.

If the mite infestation was the cause of all the sores could it appear to get worse before getting better? Or could this be pox and she just happened to have mites. The boys are all good now! With Mr Q having a bite ear but they look fine!
    Hi LaShae:
    Sometimes conditions do seem to worsen before they get better because the disease processes and the treatment processes are different. As an example, there may be an inflammatory component to what ever is going on that has already been "set in motion" and a specific treatment for lice let say, would not ordinarily treat the inflammation directly and this inflammation may actually worsen until things "catch-up." Also, in Meeks case, there may very well be more going on than simply the "bug." The lesions to me do not appear classic for pox as they do not seem to exhibit random, uncoordinated type growth that pox often has and while some of the eyelid lesion as an example appears somewhat rough or scaly, it does not seem to have the exuberant asymmetric growth that pox often has. Nevertheless, in spite of its atypical appearance and progression, this may be pox after all, and if so, time will tell! I certainly hope it's not! The apparent scaling suggests the possibility of a concurrent fungal infection and perhaps an antifungal medication would be warranted. Also, the lesion in the right upper corner seems to be a nodule now and this may actually be an abscess (a pus pocket) and benefit from drainage. Is this actually a nodule (a small roundish bump)?
    I am at work and will check back as soon as time permits!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

LaShae1995 (02-19-2024)

Meek looks like she is still doing good. Her sores seem a little smaller maybe and the scabs are starting to come off now. Here is pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by LaShae1995 View Post
    Meek looks like she is still doing good. Her sores seem a little smaller maybe and the scabs are starting to come off now. Here is pictures.
    Thanks for this new update on Meek, LaShae! Please keep them coming!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

LaShae1995 (02-19-2024)

Here is a group of pictures of Meek.
    Feb 19 and Feb 23
    It seems to me like they may be drying up and getting better. She seems energetic and like her normal self still so that's awsome! I haven't checked them today (Feb 24) but I'll check them tommorow or the next day. I'll keep yall updated on major changes!

P.S. I'll post some cute pictures for you to all enjoy!

Mr Q is the one grabbing the food.
    Crow is the one on the tree hanging off.
    Meek is the one perched on the old broken tree looking straight at you.

They were released last year and have been doing sooo well! You all have been a God send for this wonderful adventure ✨️

14. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to LaShae1995:

Charley Chuckles (02-24-2024), Mel1959 (02-24-2024), SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-24-2024), TomahawkFlyers (02-24-2024)

Update: Meek is getting better I believe. Her sores seem to be getting smaller and "dryer" which all seems to be signs of it healing. I believe that I should continue to monitor her and in the next 30 days do the revolution treatment to prevent the mites from doing damage again. I will hold off on anymore update pictures until I see dramatic change either for the better or the worse. She is full of energy and thriving other wise. In my opinion she is on the right tract for full recovery and her sores where the result of a bad mite infection. However, I will continue to monitor her and try to let you know if they get worse of go completely away. Thank you all so much for your help and knowledge 🙏

16. Serious fuzzy thank you's to LaShae1995 from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-28-2024)

Picture closer to date

18. Serious fuzzy thank you's to LaShae1995 from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-28-2024)

Wonderful news 🙏
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

20. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Charley Chuckles:

LaShae1995 (02-29-2024), SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-28-2024)

Question....

I noticed mr q one of the boys with Meek has orange mites on his belly still. Could I redose him or maybe dip him a veryyyy diluated "bath" like so much medicine and say 2 gallons of water. I could just dip him in it or could I mix up a veryyy diluted spary and just spray the belly? I know I could do any options as I am able to catch and hold him so what ever needs done I can certainly do it. I did not see any bugs still on Meek or crow from what I was able to tell. I just seen alot of hair loss on him so I held him down and checked him and that is what I seen. Also it is warm enough that I believe he'll be fine 🙂

I thought maybe it could be from their nest inside their nest box we made. Could I spray it down with a diluated formula too? And if so should I remove the old nesting material?

By the way I want to use ivermectin as I have before and Meek is almost all healed up ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Thank you

22. Serious fuzzy thank you's to LaShae1995 from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (03-03-2024)

The ivermectin was to be re-dosed two weeks after the original treatment. Did you get your order of Revolution? That can be used instead of the ivermectin. It is dosed every 30 days.

I donít know how to use the ivermectin as a dip. Maybe others do. I would think you could accomplish the same thing by just wiping his fur down with a damp cloth that has something like diluted rubbing alcohol on it. Foodgrade diatomaceous earth can be used on his fur too. Just be careful to not let him inhale it

Clean out the nest box and all the bedding. You can wipe or wash the inside of the box with vinegar to kill the mites. Once itís dried you can put a LIGHT dusting of food grade diatomaceous earth in the inside of the box especially in the cracks to prevent bugs from living in there.

24. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

LaShae1995 (03-03-2024)

Yes I did the second treatment and yes I do have the selehold. I dosed the second treatment on feb 27. That sounds like a good idea. Can you send me a link to that food grade stuff your talking about I never heard of it.

Is this it?

I ordered the earth stuff in the picture if it isn't correct please let me know. Also if it is the right one how should I put it in thier nest box? And is it OK of they eat some?

The baby squirrels had their second treatment of ivermectin on feb 27 24. Mr q has orange mites on his belly and hair loss is begging to happen. I also noticed a big red irrated place maybe they were fighting or he was trying to relieve the itching?? Crow also has some orange mites under his armpit.

They look good other than Mr q's issues I just want to stay on top of the mites so I don't have a repeat of what happened to Meek. She is looking great now! The ivermectin worked!

Thank you all

Bump

Yes, that is the correct stuff. Put a light dusting of the diatomaceous earth inside the box. Tap out any excess. Are you going to wash out the box before adding the diatomaceous earth? If itís possible to do that you might have better results. It is safe if they ingest some, I donít think they will deliberately do that. You donít want a lot of excess powder in there because you donít want them to inhale it.

29. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

LaShae1995 (03-07-2024)

Yes I think I'll put a dose of ivermectin in a spray bottle and lightly spray in. I'll lock them out of there until it drys and then I'll fix it up real nice for them.

Their second dose of ivermectin was on feb 27 when should I do the selehold? And it's just one drop on their neck correct?

I checked mr q this morning and his hair is already coming back. His mites seem to be gone! Here is what I did... hope it helps someone else.

You'll need...

25 oz spray bottle
    1 ml ivermectin ( the ivermectin you want is 1% injectable )

Directions...
    Put 1ml ivermectin into bottle
    Fill to the 25 oz mark with water
    Shake well

Spray your infected area like boxes and cage

Note: I threw away their old nest and sprayed the box lightly with the soultion. I let it air dry completely and added a new piece of fleece. I also caught mr q and lightly sprayed is tummy since it was infested with mites still. He is now growing hair back and they all seem perfectly fine. Meek is completely healed up.

Success 🙌 thank you all God Bless

32. Serious fuzzy thank you's to LaShae1995 from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (03-09-2024)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast