Thread: Injured toe nail

Exclamation Injured toe nail

Hi all, I have an almost 4 year old squirrel that I rescued and she seems to have injured her toe nail on one of her hind feet. I was able to stop the bleeding for now with kwik stop powder as shown in the photo below but I would like to know if anyone has any other suggestions. I worry she’s going to lick and chew at it and that it will start bleeding again. If I wrap the foot she’ll just chew it. Unfortunately due to where we now live no vet will see us. Any and all suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Just want to help her heal up well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Injured toe nail

I would start her on some pain relief - infant ibuprophen. It is a liquid, very sweet, and most of them will take it appily. We will need her weight to dose it for you and YOU will need a 1ml or smaller syringe to measure and administer it.

It is very effective in these guys, and if you can make the hurt go away, the desire to mess with it diminishes, too.

I do have many syringes that are 1ml. I’ll get some infant ibuprofen. She weighs 436g.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Any way to get a close-up picture of his right foot.

Picture #1, he look in pain for sure.