Thread: Released 14 week old boy

Default Released 14 week old boy

On Sunday, Ralphy ventured off into the front of my yard. I have been having him play in the yard and trees everyday and he always comes back and jumps on my arm. He hasn't returned since Sunday. I left his cage door open under the gazebo in our yard with food, water and nuts. I'm so sad that I have not seen him back yet. I live 2 blocks from the preserve so I'm hoping he is happy and safe living in the woods. I found him at 4 week old and his eyes were closed. He seemed ready to be on his own, but the whole family misses him. At 14 weeks would he remember his way back to our yard?

Default Re: Released 14 week old boy

Quote Originally Posted by lbauer View Post
    On Sunday, Ralphy ventured off into the front of my yard. I have been having him play in the yard and trees everyday and he always comes back and jumps on my arm. He hasn't returned since Sunday. I left his cage door open under the gazebo in our yard with food, water and nuts. I'm so sad that I have not seen him back yet. I live 2 blocks from the preserve so I'm hoping he is happy and safe living in the woods. I found him at 4 week old and his eyes were closed. He seemed ready to be on his own, but the whole family misses him. At 14 weeks would he remember his way back to our yard?
    Hi Ibauer,

Great accomplishment raising Ralphy to this point. Understand your concern and stress for him not returning home. Squirrels have an incredible memory and sense of direction as they travel around. I'm sure he has learned his way around the close area. We have many wild fox squirrels of all ages here and they travel long distances to visit us everyday. Its like they have a gps map in their head to navigate.

Freedom always feels good until they need food and comfort. Keep the door open.

SSG

Default Re: Released 14 week old boy

Thank you for your response. I have his cage open with nuts, food and water and a warm bed. We keep checking to see if he comes home. So happy I have so many pictures and videos.