Thread: help with prednisone dosage!!!

Default help with prednisone dosage!!!

partial paralyzed young squirrel brought to me last night. was rescued from dog, there are a couple of scrapes on her belly, but nothing glaring. she is alert, ears perky, no noticeable pain, but drags both back legs. I want to try the prednisone, I have a 4mg tablet from neighbor and need dose for 156g baby!

Default Re: help with prednisone dosage!!!

Dosing sent by PM.

Predisone dosing is a lot more complicated that any of the other meds we use, so please ask first if you are unsure of anything I sent you.

3. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Diggie's Friend (10-07-2023), island rehabber (10-07-2023), Tashahaven (10-07-2023)

Default Re: help with prednisone dosage!!!

Methlycobalamin and Adenocobalamin, the organic non toxic forms of Vitamin B-12, may help; there is laboratory evidence
    that this form of B 12 may improve the function of damaged nerves in mice and rats. This especially when given soon after spinal injury.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WNS3QWR...T1zcF9kZXRhaWw

I needle drop from a 1 ml syringe added to wet food daily provides 25 IU Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalmin.

"Methlycobalamin and Adenocobalamin" is the bioidentical forms of Vitamin B-12 which the body readily utilizes.

It is this form that has been shown to have greater efficacy to improve nerve damage in rodents.