Thread: Baby boy squirrel lil penis is red!

Default Baby boy squirrel lil penis is red!

I've been looking for help and finally saw this squirrel forum online. My husband works in a machine shop, at lunch he found 2 baby squirrels He put them in a box under the tree checked on them through the day, mom never came for them, when he checked on them their were ants crawling all over them he brought them inside with him, called me to pto come get them and call animal services ( I did but to no avail) I immediately gave them pedialyte next 12 hours. Next day had Mohs (cancer) surgery, I started them on powdered esbilac, bathed them. It's been 2 weeks their doing good, Except the boys lil penis is red from female sucking on it in middle of night. I washed with warm water which he liked to give him relief, but What else can i put on his penis to heal? I gave the girl one of the baby bottle nipples she seems happy with it. If anyone's experienced the same, please let me know what's safe to use on it. I'd so appreciate any help. 🐿💓

Default Re: Baby boy squirrel lil penis is red!

Suckling can become life threatening. I'd separate them, at least at night if that is the only time it is happening. If they are not being fed overnight, that may be why she is suckling (hungry).

Bottles should not be used to feed squirrels, thought I would mention since there was a comment about a bottle nipple.

Coconut oil would be good on his penis... can you post pics so we can see? May suggest something else depending on how bad things are...