Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: My little squeaky needs help

Default Re: My little squeaky needs help

Quote Originally Posted by Diggie's Friend View Post
    Is that a section of avocado with the skin? If so know that the skin is toxic and should not be offered to a squirrel with the skin or the pit;

only the flesh portion alone because scraping the skin with the avocado can mess with the squirrels tummy.

It is possible that this might be contributing to the respiratory infection due to allergy that promotes this kind of condition.

Check for other possible causes for allergy sources in his room as well as the laundry soap you use. .

Place a humidifier in the room close to his cage; it helps ease the nasal passages and the lungs.

https://aboutpetrats.com/nutrition/dangerous-foods/
    Good catch DF! Thanks!
    StS

Is that a section of avocado with the skin? If so know that the skin is toxic and should not be offered to a squirrel with the skin or the pit;

only the flesh portion alone because scraping the skin with the avocado can mess with the squirrels tummy.

It is possible that this might be contributing to the respiratory infection due to allergy that promotes this kind of condition.

Check for other possible causes for allergy sources in his room as well as the laundry soap you use. .

Place a humidifier in the room close to his cage; it helps ease the nasal passages and the lungs.

https://aboutpetrats.com/nutrition/dangerous-foods/
    Yes it has the skin. I have seen lots of videos of the famous squirrel thumbelina eating right from a whole avocado a bunch, I used to just give the inside but lately I just cut a piece off and give to him and he only eats the inside, but uses the shell to hold onto. Maybe licking it can cause somethin, I will stop giving the shell to him. He does have a humidifier in his room next to his cage every night, and the laundry soap, I have always used the same stuff since he was a baby and he's never had an issue before. His face looks a little sunken under the eyes too I notice. Yesterday was his last day for medications, until I take him in again and my vet can maybe talk to another vet to find out what this is.

Many years ago, prior to the founding of the board; we had a boy squirrel who was given a large measure of avocado with the skin. The one thing I learned about too large was not to feed avocado with the skin on; having removed the pit I assumed that it would be fine, but it wasn't. He began to gag, then he stopped eating. Sadly the meds that the vet prescribed didn't help him, this even so we stopped feeding him avocado entirely as the vet recommended to let his stomach recover.

This website for rats notes under "Respiratory" conditions, what they recommend to address various degrees of respiratory illness.

Can't hurt to familiarize oneself with this first aide, as its good to be prepared should the need arise. Please continue to update on his condition; rehabbers here are glad to offer what support they can for your boy.

http://www.ratfanclub.org/firstaid.html

Many years ago, prior to the founding of the board; we had a boy squirrel who was given a large measure of avocado with the skin. The one thing I learned about too large was not to feed avocado with the skin on; having removed the pit I assumed that it would be fine, but it wasn't. He began to gag, then he stopped eating. Sadly the meds that the vet prescribed didn't help him, this even so we stopped feeding him avocado entirely as the vet recommended to let his stomach recover.

This website for rats notes under "Respiratory" conditions, what they recommend to address various degrees of respiratory illness.

Can't hurt to familiarize oneself with this first aide, as its good to be prepared should the need arise. Please continue to update on his condition; rehabbers here are glad to offer what support they can for your boy.

http://www.ratfanclub.org/firstaid.html
    Thank u for this information! I won't give him the skin anymore, he doesn't eat it but maybe even licking and scraping his teeth along it to get all of the avocado out might be effecting him. I can't remember if this all started before I started giving him the peel, or after. But il definitely never give him one again.

5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Bean:

Diggie's Friend (05-23-2023), SamtheSquirrel2018 (05-23-2023), Tashahaven (05-23-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Thank u for this information! I won't give him the skin anymore, he doesn't eat it but maybe even licking and scraping his teeth along it to get all of the avocado out might be effecting him. I can't remember if this all started before I started giving him the peel, or after. But il definitely never give him one again.

I posted the GoFundMe on here, and on instagram and had a bunch of views, but not one donation. I kinda figured as he isn't famous, most people dont care. I also messaged Ravenwood vet and asked about Emerson doing the consultation with my vet multiple times, sent x rays, told my story, and still no reply. Summertree vet contacted me on the may long Monday...kind of frustrated, and at a loss...I can't get answers for my baby, and I just give up on GoFundMe, I'm gonna start selling off my stuff and working weekends. I wish vet trips weren't so expensive

I posted the GoFundMe on here, and on instagram and had a bunch of views, but not one donation. I kinda figured as he isn't famous, most people dont care. I also messaged Ravenwood vet and asked about Emerson doing the consultation with my vet multiple times, sent x rays, told my story, and still no reply. Summertree vet contacted me on the may long Monday...kind of frustrated, and at a loss...I can't get answers for my baby, and I just give up on GoFundMe, I'm gonna start selling off my stuff and working weekends. I wish vet trips weren't so expensive
    Hello Bean:
    I don't know if it will help and I have not met Dr. Emerson but I will call her office this morning and see if I can find out anything. It may be that it would help for your Vet to call but I will try to find out that as well. I'm sorry for any additional expenses you are incurring! Thanks for your love of Squeaky! How is he doing?
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

Charley Chuckles (05-25-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheSquirrel2018 View Post
    Hello Bean:
    I don't know if it will help and I have not met Dr. Emerson but I will call her office this morning and see if I can find out anything. It may be that it would help for your Vet to call but I will try to find out that as well. I'm sorry for any additional expenses you are incurring! Thanks for your love of Squeaky! How is he doing?
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel
    Thanks, that would help. I get charged when I call the states, it sucks. And squeaky is still having his little issues. He does ok some days, and then back to the same stuff.

Thanks, that would help. I get charged when I call the states, it sucks. And squeaky is still having his little issues. He does ok some days, and then back to the same stuff.
    I just called Revenwood. The receptionist did verify that they had received your email with Squeaky's x-rays and records! I was told that Dr. E is off on Thursdays (today) and Fridays and it is on those days that she ordinarily makes her "Squirrel calls." The receptionist also stated that Dr. E "may be" calling you today or tomorrow but she could not be certain of this! My talking with the office may have helped expedite things as I explained some of the concerns regarding Squeaky's medical status. I don't know if there will be a charge but I suspect not as I was also informed that Dr. E usually does NOT charge for this valuable service. Please keep on with the updates!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

I just called Revenwood. The receptionist did verify that they had received your email with Squeaky's x-rays and records! I was told that Dr. E is off on Thursdays (today) and Fridays and it is on those days that she ordinarily makes her "Squirrel calls." The receptionist also stated that Dr. E "may be" calling you today or tomorrow but she could not be certain of this! My talking with the office may have helped expedite things as I explained some of the concerns regarding Squeaky's medical status. I don't know if there will be a charge but I suspect not as I was also informed that Dr. E usually does NOT charge for this valuable service. Please keep on with the updates!
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

Thank you so much for doing that. Her call will cost me quite a bit of money but I guess I will have to if she will do this for squeaky!

Thank you so much for doing that. Her call will cost me quite a bit of money but I guess I will have to if she will do this for squeaky!
    Oh crap, I think when I submit the email and form, I accidentally typed my phone number completely backwards but when I tried to change it, it was too late and sent. I wonder if I could email them and just let them know and give my proper number? I hope she will get the message and see the number change

Oh crap, I think when I submit the email and form, I accidentally typed my phone number completely backwards but when I tried to change it, it was too late and sent. I wonder if I could email them and just let them know and give my proper number? I hope she will get the message and see the number change
    Please CALL Ravenwood NOW and tell them. You and Squeaky shouldn't miss this opportunity!
    StS

Please CALL Ravenwood NOW and tell them. You and Squeaky shouldn't miss this opportunity!
    StS

She isn't there Thursday and Friday..I can't call the states, not unless I get a call. I was just charged $50 extra dollars just for txting someone In the states for help, my bill was outrageous and I'm running out of money which is why I made the gofundme for squeaky. Not getting any help with that at all tho, so if I don't hear from her soon, I might have to go with the other vet cuz they actually respond right away. Been waiting weeks for Dr Emerson or even the clinic to get a hold of me, even private messaged her herself on Facebook and no answer. This is all costing me wayyy too much and I'm stressing right out about it. I just got into a huge argument yesterday with my phone provider about the huge expense on the United States txts.

I'm so sorry this is happening😞
    Charley Chuckles gone from my arms FOREVER in my heart 8/14/04-3/7/13
    Simon, our time was too short together, but you gave us so much love, be with CC now 3/7/14

The "CHARLEY CHUCKLES MEMORIAL RAIL TOUR" leaves the station choo chooo
    *Deland,FL. *Washington DC *Boston (Back Bay) *Boston (North Station) *Wells,Maine *Albany,NY *New York (Penn Station) *Back to Deland FL. "July 1- July 22" 2013

http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RIAL-RAIL-TOUR Check it out here
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...OW-A-NEW-MOMMY!!!!!
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...RAINBOW-BRIDGE
    http://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/s...e-called-Simon
    charleychuckles1@gmail.com

I'm not poof reading any of this

She isn't there Thursday and Friday..I can't call the states, not unless I get a call. I was just charged $50 extra dollars just for txting someone In the states for help, my bill was outrageous and I'm running out of money which is why I made the gofundme for squeaky. Not getting any help with that at all tho, so if I don't hear from her soon, I might have to go with the other vet cuz they actually respond right away. Been waiting weeks for Dr Emerson or even the clinic to get a hold of me, even private messaged her herself on Facebook and no answer. This is all costing me wayyy too much and I'm stressing right out about it. I just got into a huge argument yesterday with my phone provider about the huge expense on the United States txts.
    Yes, Dr. E is not there on Thursdays or Fridays but as I mentioned in my post after I had called the office; during those two days "off" are when Dr. E makes her "Squirrel Calls." If you want, send your correct phone number to me by Private Message and I will call Ravenwood and update it for you and also explain the issue of your extraordinary expense that you incur whenever you call the States. It may be fine to try "the other Vet." I assume this is Summertree. Dr. E may have tried to call you yesterday or today but could not reach you because of the wrong number. If you want me to call Ravenwood again in your behalf, I will also ask if Dr. E did try to call you couldn't get through and I will also ask that she try again.
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

17. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to SamtheSquirrel2018:

Charley Chuckles (05-26-2023), Chirps (05-30-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Charley Chuckles View Post
    I'm so sorry this is happening😞
    Thanks, it is very frustrating

Yes, Dr. E is not there on Thursdays or Fridays but as I mentioned in my post after I had called the office; during those two days "off" are when Dr. E makes her "Squirrel Calls." If you want, send your correct phone number to me by Private Message and I will call Ravenwood and update it for you and also explain the issue of your extraordinary expense that you incur whenever you call the States. It may be fine to try "the other Vet." I assume this is Summertree. Dr. E may have tried to call you yesterday or today but could not reach you because of the wrong number. If you want me to call Ravenwood again in your behalf, I will also ask if Dr. E did try to call you couldn't get through and I will also ask that she try again.
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel
    Hi Bean:
    I don't know if you saw this. If you would like me call Dr. E's office again and update your phone number and talk with them further I will do so. This will save your cost of calling the States! Please let me know.
    Regards,
    StS

Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel
    I appreciate that.. I did re email them and update the phone number, but not sure she got it or not. Yes summertree was the other one, but they sent a link for billing so they will bill me too. I can message my number if u like, email normally always works best for me, I wish they would just get ahold of me just to say yes they will do it so I can send my info for my vet.. I may have just lost my relationship in this process which added to my stress...I can't afford my place myself..so I don't know what to do.

21. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Bean from:

Mel1959 (05-28-2023)

I appreciate that.. I did re email them and update the phone number, but not sure she got it or not. Yes summertree was the other one, but they sent a link for billing so they will bill me too. I can message my number if u like, email normally always works best for me, I wish they would just get ahold of me just to say yes they will do it so I can send my info for my vet.. I may have just lost my relationship in this process which added to my stress...I can't afford my place myself..so I don't know what to do.
    I got your PM. I will call Dr. E's office tomorrow and if they are closed for the Holiday, I will try again on Tuesday.
    StS

23. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

Charley Chuckles (05-28-2023)

I got your PM. I will call Dr. E's office tomorrow and if they are closed for the Holiday, I will try again on Tuesday.
    StS
    Hello Bean:
    I called Dr. E's office this morning (they were closed for the Holiday yesterday) and gave them your correct number. I was told that if someone who is not a regular client sends materials to Dr. E, once she has these materials, her schedule is her own and the office staf does not become aware of any actions Dr. E may have taken regarding these "outside" requests. They had no idea as whether or not Dr. E may have tried to call you with the wrong number that accompanied your original email. I also realized this but the office reinforced this knowledge that Dr. E gets many communications and sometimes it may take several weeks to get back to someone. I don't know what else to do there but hopefully Dr. E will call you.

How is Squeaky doing?

Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

25. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

Chirps (05-30-2023)

Hello Bean:
    I called Dr. E's office this morning (they were closed for the Holiday yesterday) and gave them your correct number. I was told that if someone who is not a regular client sends materials to Dr. E, once she has these materials, her schedule is her own and the office staf does not become aware of any actions Dr. E may have taken regarding these "outside" requests. They had no idea as whether or not Dr. E may have tried to call you with the wrong number that accompanied your original email. I also realized this but the office reinforced this knowledge that Dr. E gets many communications and sometimes it may take several weeks to get back to someone. I don't know what else to do there but hopefully Dr. E will call you.

How is Squeaky doing?

Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

Oh ok thank u. It might almost be worth it to just set up with summertree in that case, but wel see how squeaky does. lately he has been doin better it seems since he stopped his last antibiotic, no sneezes for about a week. N just a couple yesterday. No milky eyes, n just looks ok compared to before. I'm hoping maybe whatever he had was just a cold or something and he got over it. He is gonna need his teeth trimmed soon, still can't wear them down, poor guy. But he seems a lot better so far

27. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Bean from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (05-30-2023)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast