Thread: Request advice

Default Request advice

Hello,

I'm a forum newbie. I have a 3 dy old. Appears ok found on porch. No injuries. I went straight to store after a quick search here got Goat milk, goat milk yogurt,( they had no plain yogurt except Greek yogurt I wasn't sure) heavy whipping cream. The goat milk is pasturized from a can. Made the emergency mix per instruction. The baby weighs 11.2 grams eats 5-7 tenths roughly every 2 hours ish. The little boy has not pooped yet. I'm from Texas but live and work in thailand. Pasted below from internet is what I think I have. It's a pointed nose squirrel common here but this description 1000 miles away.

The Common Treeshrew Tupaia glis occurs in southern Thailand and Peninsular Malaysia, including the larger islands of both countries, Singapore, and the islands of Bintan and Batam the Riau Archipelago of Indonesia.

They are not as cute as normal squirrels. I rigged a container on end heated with light. The bx long and narrow. Tmp stable at hot end 37.2 tapers to 34.5 cold end. The little dude crawls to middle every time. Had for about 16 hours.

I'm guessing age because cord on belly looked about 2 days old. Typing on phone can't figure out how post Pic.

How often should he poop. Not sure he peeped yet either.

Default Re: Request advice

Wow. Not a squirrel - this is a shrew. It will eat a much more insectivorous diet when it grows up.

When you made your goat's milk formula, did you first DILUTE the canned milk to bring it to the strength of fresh milk? In the US, canned goats milk is condensed and needs to have water added to it or it will be way too concentrated. Read the can and if you did not do this, you need to do so or you will have many problems.

Babies need to be manually stimulated to poop. They will not go on their own.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

gunpackingrandma (04-22-2023), SamtheSquirrel2018 (04-21-2023)

Default Re: Request advice

Also, go here and read: https://henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

It is 6 pages - the click to each next page is at the top. You can disregard specific formula names and such given you are in Thailand, but it is excellent, comprehensive baby care.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (04-21-2023)