Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New Baby Care

Default Re: New Baby Care

Quote Originally Posted by LaShae1995 View Post
    I do use fleece for our sugar gliders, sandy, amd them so I'm use to the whole laundry issue. They have more laundry then I do at times lol. Thanks (for saying their cute ). I am weighing them everyday for every feeding so 4 times a day. They are eatting in the middle guide (not the min or max feeding). Mr. Squirrel recently moved up to 8 1/2 ccs.

I'll do more research about the trees, Sandy absolutely goes crazy for the seed pods lol. I'm guessing they have more nutrition and is a healthy option than a nut.

The milk is still my concern as I don't know why it has slime balls in it sometimes. I mix it up, feed the babies, and any left over I put it in the fridge. When I get it out it has some clumps. Maybe our fridge is just really cold? Then I warm it up and if it still looks iffy I toss it and make new. But I NEVER give milk that sat in the fridge from the previous day. Fresh is always better in my opinion and if their spoiled that's OK. 🥰

Thank you all for the advice and sorry if any of this is kind of hard to understand with the way I word stuff. I'm usually typing this when I feel like a zombie from lack of sleep. Well, I'll keep yall updated on their growth and how their doing and all. Thanks again
    Mix the milk powder with very warm water and use a whisk to stir it. Let it rest in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight before feeding. Whisk it again before feeding. This allows the solids to have a chance to dissolve and might make it easier to incorporate them into the liquid.

Ok will do thank you so much ☺️

Hey everyone here is an update with some VERY HELPFUL ADVICE 😀

So first of all the babies started sucking on each other's genitals and it was very hard to help Mr Squirrel because his was so bad. It was very swelled and had a scab and was just all around painful. Well, upon thinking about it all night I thought of something when I looked at my rashy boston terrier (she has allergies). Coconut oil! Coconut has antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties, it is also safe for squirrels. I already used Coconut oil on my dogs skin when she had her bath to help sooth her rashes and it along with her shampoo worked very well. So I thought about using on his pee pee and it worked almost instantly. I got the scab off and he peed and then from 11am to 5 pm it's ALMOST WELL! In my opinion, if you have this issue try it. It only takes 0.01cc every hour for 3 hours and then 0.01cc and left alone after that. You should notice a difference. If it helps you please share this!!!

Now, other update.

The babies are climbing now and jumping. They also got their Henery package today and they love their new "wild blocks". 😜 doing great 👍

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to LaShae1995:

Lighten-Up (03-16-2023), Mel1959 (03-15-2023)

How should I feed them the blocks? It says 2 to 3 block a day but i would think that would be too many since they're still small babies. I took one block and cut it into 3 pieces and they are still eatting on that. Should I removed and discard any if it is still in there tommorow since they say it's perishable? Thanks

Here are some pictures of crows (smaller) and Mr squirrels (larger) privates. I was wondering why is Mr squirrels private so much longer than his brother's? Do they look ok? They are washed so that's why their wet.

Mr squirrels was worse than crows if that matters. He is a larger squirrle all around too. Just wondering 🤔
    Attached Images Attached Images  

When should I give them a water bottle? I don't want them to get strangled though..

Quote Originally Posted by LaShae1995 View Post
    Here are some pictures of crows (smaller) and Mr squirrels (larger) privates. I was wondering why is Mr squirrels private so much longer than his brother's? Do they look ok? They are washed so that's why their wet.

Mr squirrels was worse than crows if that matters. He is a larger squirrle all around too. Just wondering 🤔
    The penis is elongated due to being suckled. It may never go back to being normal sized. Itís not red and inflamed so itís fine. As long as theyíre both urinating ok, then all is good.

Yes, cut the blocks and only offer them smaller portions until you see they are eating it well. The 2-3 blocks per day is recommended for adult squirrels, along with healthy veggies from the Healthy Diet chart. Any block that is not eaten will get hard and can mold so it should be removed from their cage. Keep the blocks in the freezer and only take out a few days worth at a time.

Hang a water bottle now.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

LaShae1995 (03-16-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1959 View Post
    The penis is elongated due to being suckled. It may never go back to being normal sized. Itís not red and inflamed so itís fine. As long as theyíre both urinating ok, then all is good.

Yes, cut the blocks and only offer them smaller portions until you see they are eating it well. The 2-3 blocks per day is recommended for adult squirrels, along with healthy veggies from the Healthy Diet chart. Any block that is not eaten will get hard and can mold so it should be removed from their cage. Keep the blocks in the freezer and only take out a few days worth at a time.

Hang a water bottle now.
    Ok will do thank you 😊 his private looks a lot better today also 😊

So Mikasa just seems more less energy and she actually feels sick when I pick her up. Like if you ever picked up a sick small animal you can just kind of tell they feel bad you know what I mean. Well she did inhale milk and water about a week ago. I have a video of her making some sounds but I don't know if they are just baby sounds or somehting more. She's very opinionated when it comes to being held down for a video. She still has her appetite and is still peeing great. Her poop is kind of hard and it did have a microscopic piece of blood in it but I think it was just her actual butt but I mean it was so small and I haven't seen it again I'm not too worried about that. I think I may have felt her rattle once when I was holding her to feed her but I not sure if it was a rattle or if it was her making a sound o just couldn't hear. I'm worried about her 😔 she's climbing on the cage still and seems fine just has that sick feeling to her like she's less lively...

https://youtube.com/shorts/y-5XzZ6Rr_c?feature=share is yesterday when she was making sounds... ignore the coon dog

https://youtu.be/ekM2qL_i8SM

Today

https://youtu.be/5jQlOFtRsoI

Sandy was very angry with me for putting her back in the cage

Hold her up to your ear like a phone. Do you hear a clicking sound with each breath? What antibiotics do you have? Call family and friends and post what you can locate. Antibiotics for people will work. Aspiration pneumonia can bring them down quickly.

In the videos she still looks fairly active but try to locate some antibiotics anyway.

It looks like the fur on her chin has dried milk on it. You should wash their faces, necks and arms after eating with a warm rag or washcloth. Milk left on their fur can irritate their skin and cause their fur to fall out.

13. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Mel1959 from:

LaShae1995 (03-16-2023)

I held them to my ear and I didn't hear it but she seems floppier than usual. They are a little oily in the viedo cause Mikasa suckled on their genitals. She is now completely separated from them unattended.

I do wash them I just took the video before I did in this case.

Idk I just feel like she feels bad or is just floppies than normal. I made more videos on my YouTube please check them out. I'll wait on yalls advise about starting her on cipro.

I don't wanna upset thier stomachs either �� will it hurt to give a preventative like this and see if it helps? I prefer not to give it but then again I don't want then to suddenly take a turn for the worse. Anyways ill probaly wait till tommorow and see how she is then.

update

They all look alot better this evening so I'm gonna hold off of the meds. I gave her a few extra syringes yesterday of milk I think she was just tired and still hungry.

Mr. Squirrel is rubbing is butt on everything this evening. Could he have worms or just an itch?

Their still eatting great not too interested in the water bottle ideal though, but I thought that. Sharp little nails 💅 I am keeping them all separated as best to my abilities. They escape artists 🐿

Babies are doing great still
    Attached Images Attached Images  

17. Serious fuzzy thank you's to LaShae1995 from:

Mel1959 (03-20-2023)

Hey yall quick question. The babies are around 7 to 8 weeks now just now able to sit and hold their wild bite blocks from Henry's. They eat every 5 hrs.... (6 am, 11am, 5pm, and 10pm) and they eat a half of a block about two or three times a day or pick through it there is some crumbs left. I was wondering can I go longer in between feedings now and if so could anyone give me a schedule to follow like the above (it just helps) also can I start to give them kale, spinach, strawberries, blueberries and stuff. Thanks guys

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345