Thread: Vet found mass on my eastern grey

Threaded View

Default Vet found mass on my eastern grey

HI,
    I'm new here and have looked at this site a million times over the years, but never joined. I have a 10-1/2 year old eastern grey squirrel with 3 legs named Ben. He needed his right rear leg amputated when I found him as a baby back in 2012 which is why I still have him. He also has malo so I take him to the vet very regularly to have his teeth trimmed. This Wednesday was also his annual and they said he has lost a very significant amount of weight since his last check up and was dehydrated AND they found a mas under his left ribcage that is most likely cancer. They did a blood test and said all of his organs are functioning properly, so he is a good fit for surgery, but that it would still be very dangerous for his age. I'm here because I have no idea what to do. What is there life expectancy and should I put him threw surgery? I don't want to lose him, but I also don't want to put him threw surgery and prolong any kind of suffering especially if he is at the end of his life expectancy. Has anyone else had a squirrel that went threw a surgery like this? Any advice or thoughts would help tremendously. I can't make this decision on my own.
    Thank you,
    JayCro

2. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to JayCro:

Diggie's Friend (02-02-2023), SamtheSquirrel2018 (02-03-2023)