Thread: New Squirrel Mom!

Exclamation New Squirrel Mom!

Hi, y’all! I’m Meg and I’m a newbie to the squirrel community. I recently started rehabbing a sweet baby girl that I acquired just days old. She is now 10 weeks and is the apple of my eye! Thank you for allowing me to be here with y’all! I can’t wait to learn all I can and have a support system while doing so. Y’all rock! Thank you!

Default Re: New Squirrel Mom!

Quote Originally Posted by ShesSoSquirrely View Post
    Hi, y’all! I’m Meg and I’m a newbie to the squirrel community. I recently started rehabbing a sweet baby girl that I acquired just days old. She is now 10 weeks and is the apple of my eye! Thank you for allowing me to be here with y’all! I can’t wait to learn all I can and have a support system while doing so. Y’all rock! Thank you!
    Welcome to TSB! The most important thing one can do for a "captive" squirrel is to feed a diet that supplies the proper daily nutrition for a squirrel's requirements.
    In the wild they learn what to eat and how to eat to accomplish that, in captivity, we have to learn how to accomplish that. A good quality rodent block is of the upmost importance to prevent MBD. ( metabolic bone disease)
    I'm attaching the link to the healthy diet for "pet" squirrels for your consideration.

https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...-Pet-Squirrels
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to stepnstone from:

Chirps (01-29-2023)