Thread: Advice for becoming a licensed rehabber in Florida

Question Advice for becoming a licensed rehabber in Florida

Hi all! My husband and I are looking into getting our FL rehabber license...we currently have 2 female greys (captive bred), they are 2 & 3 yrs old now.

We lived in SC for several years and rehabbed squirrels up there, and now my husband and I are looking into becoming licensed rehabbers in FL. We just moved down here a few months ago and planned to take the test to get certified, but I just noticed something on the FL permit application...#12 on the application asks for 2 references, one of which "...shall be a permitted rehabilitator, who is familiar with your stated experience to care for sick and injured wildlife". Well, we don't personally know any rehabbers down here so does that mean that we will need to go look up some local rehabbers and ask to do some volunteering with them in order to get a FL reference?

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to FurBabyMom80 from:

Chirps (12-26-2022)

Default Re: Advice for becoming a licensed rehabber in Florida

It’s entirely possible that you may need to contact a rehabilitator in FL for a reference, especially if you weren’t licensed in SC. Here’s a list of rehabbers in the state.

https://myfwc.com/media/5423/license...rsbyregion.pdf

4. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

Charley Chuckles (12-28-2022), FurBabyMom80 (12-27-2022)