Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milky discharge from eye

Default Re: Milky discharge from eye

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    She is adorable!

Can you post the pic here? https://thesquirrelboard.com/forums/...E-)&highlight=

That post and her pic need to be together!
    Done! What a cute thread!!

2. Serious fuzzy thank you's to FurBabyMom80 from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (12-25-2022)

Ok all, finally got the chance to get some photos of the eye in question! And her teeth, one of which is slightly longer than the other on the bottom. Anyone see any issues/reasons to think she may need veterinary intervention? Thanks so much for your help!
    Name:  VideoCapture_20221227-134520.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  20221227_112531.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  79.9 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20221227_134450_Gallery.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  48.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by FurBabyMom80 View Post
    Ok all, finally got the chance to get some photos of the eye in question! And her teeth, one of which is slightly longer than the other on the bottom. Anyone see any issues/reasons to think she may need veterinary intervention? Thanks so much for your help!
    Hi FurBabyMom:
    Tina is a cutie! I finally got back to my computer where I could upload your photos for magnification. Just for clarification, were you saying that the photos also show the drainage that you had been seeing intermittently (which my poor eyes fail to recognize in the photos) or that you were posting kind of a "general" photo of the affected eye without the drainage along with photos of Tina's teeth. Other than the slight difference in length between the lower incisors that you mention which may likely be just a normal variation between the teeth; I don't see any significant abnormality. I am not a Vet or an Ophthalmologist however and others on TSB may have some opinions as well that they will share. I would, however, make the same suggestion I made in my original post on your thread and that would be to seek the advice of a Vet familiar with Squirrels in light of what you have been describing regarding Tina's history of intermittent cloudy drainage from around her right eye regardless of how the photos appear. Especially in light of the fact that you are relatively close to Dr. Emerson (CritterMom has posted her link in your thread but here it is again: ( https://ravenwoodvet.net/ ). Dr. E is a renouned Squirrel Vet and I would strongly recommend that you call her office and hopefully you be able to discuss Tina's issues with her over the phone and forward your photos if she would like to see them or others if she might ask for them and get her very educated opinion as to what, if anything she would recommend be done.
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

FurBabyMom80 (12-29-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by SamtheSquirrel2018 View Post
    Hi FurBabyMom:
    Tina is a cutie! I finally got back to my computer where I could upload your photos for magnification. Just for clarification, were you saying that the photos also show the drainage that you had been seeing intermittently (which my poor eyes fail to recognize in the photos) or that you were posting kind of a "general" photo of the affected eye without the drainage along with photos of Tina's teeth. Other than the slight difference in length between the lower incisors that you mention which may likely be just a normal variation between the teeth; I don't see any significant abnormality. I am not a Vet or an Ophthalmologist however and others on TSB may have some opinions as well that they will share. I would, however, make the same suggestion I made in my original post on your thread and that would be to seek the advice of a Vet familiar with Squirrels in light of what you have been describing regarding Tina's history of intermittent cloudy drainage from around her right eye regardless of how the photos appear. Especially in light of the fact that you are relatively close to Dr. Emerson (CritterMom has posted her link in your thread but here it is again: ( https://ravenwoodvet.net/ ). Dr. E is a renouned Squirrel Vet and I would strongly recommend that you call her office and hopefully you be able to discuss Tina's issues with her over the phone and forward your photos if she would like to see them or others if she might ask for them and get her very educated opinion as to what, if anything she would recommend be done.
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel
    Thanks so much for your input! Sorry, I should have been more clear...the photos above are of what her eye looks like without the "white goop"...it hasn't shown up since my original post, so I haven't been able to get a photo. But the photo of her right eye that is pictured does show the slight pinkish tint to the normally light tan area that surrounds her eye. I will definitely give Dr. E a call, thanks so much for all of the information!

Quote Originally Posted by FurBabyMom80 View Post
    Thanks so much for your input! Sorry, I should have been more clear...the photos above are of what her eye looks like without the "white goop"...it hasn't shown up since my original post, so I haven't been able to get a photo. But the photo of her right eye that is pictured does show the slight pinkish tint to the normally light tan area that surrounds her eye. I will definitely give Dr. E a call, thanks so much for all of the information!
    I'm glad you will be calling Dr. E! Please let us know what she has to say about Tina. Also, it might be worth posting a couple of photos of the left eye in order to compare her right eyelids to the left.
    Thanks and regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

Hi FurBabyMom:
    How is Tina doing? Were you able to contact Dr. Emerson and if so, what did she think about what has been going on with Tina?
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

Update: the milky eye seems to have disappeared so for now, we're just keeping an eye on it (pun intended) and if it reappears, we'll be giving Dr. E a call! Thanks for all of your help!

10. Serious fuzzy thank you's to FurBabyMom80 from:

SamtheSquirrel2018 (01-06-2023)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12