Thread: Failure to thrive? Neruo issues?

Default Failure to thrive? Neruo issues?

I'm relatively new to rehabbing and I have had such issues with my latest two babies brother and sister. They were found at about 1 1/2 - 2 weeks old in a puddle and had aspiration pneumonia and were seriously underweight. I got them on antibiotics and the male seemed to bounce back fairly quickly the female on the other hand struggled. She would move off the heating pad and just seemed like she wanted to give up and she would gain a couple grams and the hold that weight a few days then repeat despite adding ultraboost to her formula and beingfed every 3 hours. She would also go into a feeding trance with every feeding.

Now at around 6 1/2 weeks she's only 70g her tail isn't bushy like her brothers she walks funny and often falls over where he is 140g and running and climbing. I was hoping she'd start to gain a little extra with the introduction of Henry's healthy blocks but she's completely uninterested but she'll nibble on the crumbs her brother leaves behind from his blocks. I'm worried that I'm missing something does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Default Re: Failure to thrive? Neruo issues?

Were there any signs of trauma on intake.. bloody noses, bumps on the head... head swelling, etc?

What formula were you feeding on intake and what formula are they getting now?

Posting some pics may help some... do they have names?

Default Re: Failure to thrive? Neruo issues?

Their names are Roscoe and Layla.
    They have been on ebsilac since I got them after they were rehydrated. Then about 2 weeks in I added the ultraboost.
    Layla had some severe bruising around her neck and collar bone area and had several ant bites but otherwise seemed fine and Roscoe had bruising on his back legs but other than that nothing that I could see.

The first 2 pictures are of her and the 3rd is of her brother sorry they aren't great.
    Attached Images Attached Images