Thread: Fake tree bark, non-wood materials adhered to a tree: Please share your experience

Default Fake tree bark, non-wood materials adhered to a tree: Please share your experience

Problem: An unsightly tree needs to be repaired so it will not get cut down. The tree houses many squirrels.

Possible solution: Using arts and crafts to hide the damaged part the the tree and make it look charming again!

Concern: I am worried that the squirrels might injure themselves if I use the wrong material to patch the tree. For example, if they are running from a hawk or a dog, I do not want them to fall or get their claws stuck (possibly injuring their claws, wrists, etc.).

Materials I am considering:
    ---latex or silicone for fake cherry tree bark (probably a thin layer),
    ---dried foam as a light weight filler (probably bad for the outer part of a tree limb as they might slip, claws would go right through it like a knife goes through foam)
    ---wood (but this can be difficult as I would need to carve it with a knife and it might look too fake)
    ---paint

Please share your wisdom / experience, alternate suggestions.

Default Re: Fake tree bark, non-wood materials adhered to a tree: Please share your experienc

Could you possibly post a picture of the unsightly tree? It might help us to visualize the issue and give thoughts as to what can be done.

Thank you for caring.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Lighten-Up from:

Tashahaven (12-10-2022)