Thread: My Indian palm squirrel is sneezing and making loud sounds

Hybrid View

Default My Indian palm squirrel is sneezing and making loud sounds

I have two and half year old Indian palm squirrel. She started sneezing and making loud noises from her chest since two weeks ago. She inhales and exhales deeply. however she is active and eat and drink as usual. She is like trying to take something out from her nose. I didnt see runny nose.

I took her to a local vet and that vet gave some liquid medicine. I followed as the vet said but symptoms are turning into worst.

Please help me 😭

Default Re: My Indian palm squirrel is sneezing and making loud sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Anu View Post
    I have two and half year old Indian palm squirrel. She started sneezing and making loud noises from her chest since two weeks ago. She inhales and exhales deeply. however she is active and eat and drink as usual. She is like trying to take something out from her nose. I didnt see runny nose.

I took her to a local vet and that vet gave some liquid medicine. I followed as the vet said but symptoms are turning into worst.

Please help me 😭
    Do you have the name of the medicine that has already been given?

Have you called the vet back?

Do you have access to ANY antibiotic medicines - human pills given for past sickness that you still have or anyone you know?

Is the noise DEFINITELY from her chest? Because getting something out of her nose wouldn't cause chest issues..

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    Do you have the name of the medicine that has already been given?

Have you called the vet back?

Do you have access to ANY antibiotic medicines - human pills given for past sickness that you still have or anyone you know?

Is the noise DEFINITELY from her chest? Because getting something out of her nose wouldn't cause chest issues..
    Thank you for replying me 🙏

that vet didnt tell us what was the medicine. So I dont know whays the name. Yes today vet told us to state the condition of my squirrel.

yes I am sure that noise comes from her chest. some times I hear sounds from her chest. Kinda like a sound making toys gives for babies.

She is always wipe her nose. like something inside the nose. also I hear loud sneezing sounds

yes I have access to antibiotic medicine such as Augmentine.
    How to dose it ? her weight is around 100 grams

We need the strength of the medicine. If they are pills, it will be in milligrams. If you like you can put a photo of the container up so we can see.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterMom View Post
    We need the strength of the medicine. If they are pills, it will be in milligrams. If you like you can put a photo of the container up so we can see.
    Just a while ago I contact the vet. she said she gave antibiotic syrup including vitamins. she doesn't mentioned whats the name. however no improvement from that so far.

I have Augmentine pills 375 mg

I have sent you dosing by PM.

You must have a 1ml syringe or smaller to do this. Larger syringes will not provide the accuracy needed to dose the small amounts given to a little squirrel.

And if you are unsure of how to ready a syringe, please ask on the board BEFORE you give any meds!

7. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to CritterMom:

Anu (11-24-2022), Chirps (11-23-2022), island rehabber (11-23-2022)