Thread: I saw a juvenıle squirrel on the ground with its hindleg scretched out

Unhappy I saw a juvenıle squirrel on the ground with its hindleg scretched out

I was going to a market and walking near a tree, saw a squirrel who just fell from the tree and was on the ground with one of the hind legs scretched out. It seems not sick, it was only streching its hind leg out and started to crawl to the tree, front legs and tail were normal.

Does it make in the wild like that? I have no back yard to take it in and I have 3 cats at home. I do not even have a car to be able to take it to a rehabber. Right now financially really struggling even for an Uber. What can I do for it? I am not from the US, I have difficulty to explain it in English.

Default Re: I saw a juvenıle squirrel on the ground with its hindleg scretched out

aww i dont know but i hope the little thing gets better. Hopefully it can heal up quick. Animals are pretty resilient.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Furandfeather from:

nothing (11-14-2022)

Default Re: I saw a juvenıle squirrel on the ground with its hindleg scretched out

Thank you for noticing and caring for the welfare of that squirrel.

Squirrels in the wild are very resilient and do heal themselves of many things. I just recently had an older baby in my yard, barely a juvenile injure it's back leg. It hobbled around with difficulty for a few weeks, and it did totally heal. Because it was in my backyard, I was able to give it extra food to support it's healing.

What you absolutely can do in your situation is pray for it, and use your imagination to see it well and functioning perfectly. Prayer with compassion can be very powerful, and nature has many means of healing that we are unaware of. Your support in that way can really make a difference in the life of that squirrel.

I bless your life and may some new financial doors open nicely for you.

5. 3 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Lighten-Up:

Chirps (11-14-2022), MyBushyTail (11-15-2022), nothing (11-14-2022)

Unhappy Re: I saw a juvenıle squirrel on the ground with its hindleg scretched out

Ohhhh what lovely people you all are!

I could not feel comfortable thinking that it was still there and went out at 9 pm to look for it. I looked for it for 2 hours but couldn't find it. Hopefully it could climb to the tree back.I bought a big bag of peanut with shells (unsalted ofc) and left for it under the tree I saw it. Hope it can eat them all. I leave peanuts for squirrels in community parks all the time.

7. Serious fuzzy thank you's to nothing from:

MyBushyTail (11-15-2022)