Thread: Foot Issues?

Default Foot Issues?

I was holding my little girl today and noticed she had a problem with her hind foot. I took the finger nails and made a little opening in it because it looked like it had air or water inside. When I did this clear fluid poured out. I'm thinking she'll feel better after that. I actually didn't realize she had an issue because she's been doing great. So I'm confused of what can this be? She does run around in her cage sometimes so maybe just a blister of some sort? If anyone had answers or advice I'd love to hear some feedback please thank you all.

Default Re: Foot Issues?

Also do Squirrels shed their foot skin when their feet grow?

Here are some pictures of some ?sores? I seen on her foot. Does this look like bumble foot? I have had rabbits in the very past that had bumble foot before but I can't hardly tell. Top picture I believe is the one that had the fluid filled blister type thing
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Unhappy Re: Foot Issues?

Quote Originally Posted by LaShae1995 View Post
    Here are some pictures of some ?sores? I seen on her foot. Does this look like bumble foot? I have had rabbits in the very past that had bumble foot before but I can't hardly tell. Top picture I believe is the one that had the fluid filled blister type thing
    (the following is just my opinion.)This could be caused by living in a wire cage? And no, squirrels do not shed their skin, but like us, they have skin cells that are shed as their skin rejuvenates.

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CajunJules from:

CritterMom (11-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJules View Post
    (the following is just my opinion.)This could be caused by living in a wire cage? And no, squirrels do not shed their skin, but like us, they have skin cells that are shed as their skin rejuvenates.
    She has a solid metal pan with fleece on the bottom covering the pan. The bars of thick wire its a critter nation cage. I just don't know what it could be 🤔

They kind of look like warts. Do squirrels get warts? I don't know. Could it be a start of squirrel pox? I'm not really thinking so. Sorry I don't know more.

Thank you for your reply. I don't think it is squirrel pox as she isn't really showing those symptoms and she's is absolutely thriving other than that. I think they could be a type of blister from "soft" feet and running and doing too many flips. She loves flipping for some reason. But they are looking a little better now thankfully.

9. Serious fuzzy thank you's to LaShae1995 from:

Lighten-Up (11-22-2022)