Thread: Injured gray is self mutilating

Default Injured gray is self mutilating

I have a gray looks to be between 1 and 2 years old..she was found on the front porch and is assumed to have been brought by a cat. I've started antibiotics and Meloxicam for pain..she slept most of yesterday..she is on fluids not wanting solids as of yet..today she's more alert but she is literally biting her hand and I've had to wrap her up in a swaddle like to keep her from biting herself..she has blood all over her from it..she is biting at the swaddle where that hand would be..Any clue as to why she is doing this? Also she isn't able to move..she tries and her legs move and it's just as if she can't figure out how to get up

Default Re: Injured gray is self mutilating

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtlesmom80 View Post
    I have a gray looks to be between 1 and 2 years old..she was found on the front porch and is assumed to have been brought by a cat. I've started antibiotics and Meloxicam for pain..she slept most of yesterday..she is on fluids not wanting solids as of yet..today she's more alert but she is literally biting her hand and I've had to wrap her up in a swaddle like to keep her from biting herself..she has blood all over her from it..she is biting at the swaddle where that hand would be..Any clue as to why she is doing this?
    Also she isn't able to move..she tries and her legs move and it's just as if she can't figure out how to get up
    My impression from what I read, she is experiencing a Neurological disorder which affects the brain as well as the nerves.
    Partly what you are observing could be related to seizure. I personally would be treating with Prednisone and Gabapentin
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator