Thread: Help needed for odontoma/infection!

Exclamation Help needed for odontoma/infection!

If anyone could assist me with some information, it would be greatly appreciated. I have a 7yr old grey that I think has an odontoma. Looks like his top 2 teeth are missing and his lower teeth need to be trimmed. I bought a dremel but I've never done it and am afraid of doing it without some guidance.

The most pressing matter is that I think he has an infection. I went away for a few days and came back to him having a lot of white discharge coming out of his nose and doesn't seem as plump as usual. I can get antibiotics if someone can help me with dosing. He is about 1.2lbs

I would love to have him looked at by a vet for his teeth, but not sure where I can. Not legal to have in the state I am in and afraid he would be euthanized immediately. Please help! I have had him since 2 days old and was able to release his siblings, but not him.

Default Re: Help needed for odontoma/infection!

I think Clavamox (animal) or Augmentin (human) would be a good antibiotic choice. My vet just prescribed that for one of my squirrels who had an infection in 2 molars. For pain metacam would be recommended, but if you don’t have or can’t find that then infant ibuprofen will work.

See if you can find either of those, then post the strength of what you find.

As for the vet, you’d need to narrow down the area you live in. There are a few vets that do the surgery. I believe there’s one in North Carolina and another in the northeast portion of the US, but the very best one is in north Florida along the east coast. She will confer with other vets if needed.

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Mel1959:

MeliP511 (10-27-2022), stepnstone (10-26-2022)

Exclamation Re: Help needed for odontoma/infection!

Thank you so much for replying! These are some meds I can get. I'll post the pictures. And I am located in Pennsylvania, about an hour away from Philadelphia. Name:  IMG20221027144207.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  42.7 KBName:  IMG20221027144241.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  124.7 KBName:  IMG20221027144257.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  70.4 KB

Exclamation Re: Help needed for odontoma/infection!

I also have some amoxicillin 500mg capsules.

Default Re: Help needed for odontoma/infection!

Dosing for Clavacillin sent via PM.

7. 4 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Spanky:

CritterMom (10-27-2022), Mel1959 (10-27-2022), MeliP511 (10-27-2022), stepnstone (10-27-2022)