Thread: Antibiotics dosage needed

Default Antibiotics dosage needed

Hi guys,

I got a baby in that weighs 171 grams. She has puncture wounds and a badly broken right femur. Pus pockets forming. Some are draining.

can anybody give me dosing for her? Would amox and or cipro be good for this?

I also have a young boy about the same age as her. Under two months. He has tiny scabs all over. Could this be the beginning of mange? I’ve only had advanced cases of mange before. Is it to young to give revolution?

thanks in advance for any info you can send my way.

Default Re: Antibiotics dosage needed

I think the Revolution would be fine, but maybe post pics of the mangy guy first.. someone might recognize this as something else, dunno.

Bactrim or Augmentin might be much better choices... Need the strength of the meds you want dosed.

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

squirrelfriend (09-30-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfriend View Post
    Hi guys,

I got a baby in that weighs 171 grams. She has puncture wounds and a badly broken right femur. Pus pockets forming. Some are draining.

can anybody give me dosing for her? Would amox and or cipro be good for this?

I also have a young boy about the same age as her. Under two months. He has tiny scabs all over. Could this be the beginning of mange? I’ve only had advanced cases of mange before. Is it to young to give revolution?

thanks in advance for any info you can send my way.
    Hi SquirrelFriend:
    What happened to this poor Squirrel? Has she been seen by a Vet and was the fracture was diagnosed from an x-ray study? If so, are the films available to upload? Is the right rear extremity immobilized and weight bearing prevented?
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

5. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

Sorry. Stupid me forgot to post the med strength. I do have Bactria. 960 mg pills. There’s no vet to see here. It’s definitely broken though. Can feel it. Been keeping a cast on it.

the little boy with possible mange has tons of tiny scabs. They’re like the size of flea dirt but he’s been rid of fleas since I first got him in two weeks ago. The scabs are too small to get pics of. I wouldn’t worry about them if there was a couple or so but there’s lots. They’re along the edges of his ears too.

Sent PM with dosing for Bactrim.

What you are describing is pretty much textbook mange. Can you get ivermectin or Revolution?

8. Serious fuzzy thank you's to CritterMom from:

I have revolution and ivermectin paste. Just wanted to ask if he was too young. I don’t want to do more harm than good. Thanks for the Bactria dosing. I’m gonna go get that mixed now. Thanks again! You guys rock!!!

Hi Squirrelfriend:
    How are your Squirrels doing?
    Regards,
    SamtheSquirrel

11. Serious fuzzy thank you's to SamtheSquirrel2018 from:

Tashahaven (10-03-2022)