Thread: Clicking, sneezing help

Default Clicking, sneezing help

Found baby squirrel after hurricane. Has injury under his nose. Think it is about 5 weeks? Did not bother it till we noticed the mom was not coming back for it. Brought it in cleaned him up. Have it in a bin with holes. Warm fleece cloth. Heating pad under box. Also put in a rice sock just in case it wanted extra warmth. Once warm we have Been giving it Esbilac about 5ml. Ever 3-4 hours. Noticed this morning it was clicking when breathing. Took him to a vet
    (does not deal with squirrels) but I had no where else to go and I was extremely worried. He gave me clavamox .2 twice a day. For 1 week. I can not tell you his weight. But he has open eyes no top teeth but has bottom ones. No clue how to add a photo on here. Sorry.

My question is ……. Is this the right meds and dosage? Am I doing this correct? Any other advice?

Default Re: Clicking, sneezing help

Quote Originally Posted by Tiddelz View Post
    Found baby squirrel after hurricane. Has injury under his nose. Think it is about 5 weeks? Did not bother it till we noticed the mom was not coming back for it. Brought it in cleaned him up. Have it in a bin with holes. Warm fleece cloth. Heating pad under box. Also put in a rice sock just in case it wanted extra warmth. Once warm we have Been giving it Esbilac about 5ml. Ever 3-4 hours. Noticed this morning it was clicking when breathing. Took him to a vet
    (does not deal with squirrels) but I had no where else to go and I was extremely worried. He gave me clavamox .2 twice a day. For 1 week. I can not tell you his weight. But he has open eyes no top teeth but has bottom ones. No clue how to add a photo on here. Sorry.

My question is ……. Is this the right meds and dosage? Am I doing this correct? Any other advice?
    It is the right med if this is Aspiration Pneumonia (AP); is he clicking (was he clicking) all the time?

Weight is critical to proper feeding as well as dosing medications... no way to confirm the dose without a weight.

Is the Esbilac the powdered version? Store the powder in the freezer (or the fridge minimally) as it will go bad after a while if left at room temperature.

Here is a 6 page primer on squirrel care.. after you read this if you have any questions please post them:
    https://www.henryspets.com/1-baby-squirrel-care-guide/

3. Serious fuzzy thank you's to Spanky from:

Tashahaven (10-04-2022)