Thread: Contact needed in SC

Default Contact needed in SC

I just took in a five and a half week old baby about a day and a half ago. I tried to send them to our local wildlife facility since it is fall but they were not taking anymore in. They seemed to be running out of patience looking for somewhere for her to go so I took the baby. She was very underweight and dehydrated but we've got her hydrated she's eating well and doing well and putting on weight like a pro. I'm trying to plan for the winter. I cannot overwinter her by herself. I can take up to three more tops to overwinter her with or I'm hoping to find her somewhere by about 8 weeks where she can be with other squirrels over the winter. We live on 8 acres surrounded by many many more. Now have a release cage out in the woods with plenty of room for a litter. I did a single soft release very successfully in the spring and have been doing squirrels for 25 years. So if it's a better case scenario or all that's available I wouldn't mind taking in a couple more but my main goal is getting her with other squirrels to overwinter within a few weeks and I don't want to wait till the last minute. Anybody got space or maybe some singletons her age that need somewhere to go?

Default Re: Contact needed in SC

Upstate, low country... county or city would be helpful.

I am right outside of Columbia in Richland county

Not having much luck with the links. Although the local place near me is full and cannot take any she did give me a website to go to. She just said not everyone on there is recommended 😕

Isn't Columbia close to the northeast border of Ga? I need to check that but I may not be too far from Columbia..If that checks out I could help you

Do you have some her age?

Ok, I found her place! Ty!