Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Young baby squirrel question

Default Re: Young baby squirrel question

The Tiny's (both of them) surprised me by getting their autumn fatso look on this week. . Good for them. Also, a new baby has shown up, very brown in color so I'm calling it Brownie.

September 18, 2022 was my first post about Tiny. Yesterday was November 18. Tiny and his sibling have been out there for two months. If they were 6 weeks old then, now they are 14 weeks. Good for them.

A Hawk flew right by me the other day carrying a small furry thing. I felt a little panicky, but the next day I saw Tiny and Brownie, and I'm pretty sure that Sibling of Tiny is still here, she's not always easy to spot. I don't know what the hawk had, could it have been a bird?

Photos of Tiny, look at this chunky monkey!
    Photos on top/hardware cloth were taken yesterday of Tiny
    Photos below, on stone were taken of Tiny two months ago on September 19.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Default Re: Young baby squirrel question

First thing this morning there were no squirrels out, it was rather cold. So I took block and nuts to the Tree where Tiny lives. And I was pleasantly surprised to see Tiny and his sibling sitting high up looking down at me. There they were sitting outside their nest. It's good to know they've had each other to snuggle and keep warm with.

Then I had a moment of sadness as I thought that they should be sharing that nest with their momma, they are fall babies, and they usually spend their first winter with mom. They have been so brave, to go out on their own to find food and water, and manage the rest of their growing up on their own.

I realized that feeling sad for them wasn't going to help me or them, so then I settled in on the happy thought that given the situation, it was very fortunate for them that I took note and supported them as their human squammy. I'm very glad to have had the chance to interact with them and be a part of their sweet little lives.

I wasn't able to get a photo of that lovely moment seeing them in the tree, so I have included a sketch.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

3. 2 TSBers pass along the fuzzy thanks to Lighten-Up:

BigHeartedSquirrelDad (11-21-2022), MyBushyTail (11-20-2022)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234