Hi! I have had a baby squirrel in my care for a little over a week. Mom was killed by a hawk and baby was on the ground. No injuries thank goodness. Thankfully I found this forum quickly after bringing it in and it’s been so much help!

Baby is female (although named Walter, it’s what my husband named it)
I’m guessing 4 -5 weeks old. Eyes open, bottom teeth fully in, top teeth erupted early this week.
Began with feeding powdered puppy Esbiliac as it was all I had access too. Now have transitioned to fox valley 20/50. Formula is mixed as instructed, 1 part formula to 2 parts water.

Baby only weighs 55 grams as of this morning, weighing at the same time daily. I’m feeding based on the 7% rule every 4 hours. Baby does not feel bony, having regular poops and pees. Moves around really well, curls tail up. Belly round and soft, no signs of bloating.

Poops are a light gold/beige color, well formed, soft. Pee is clear.

My questions:
1. Baby seems small based on other threads I have read, should I increase food/number of feedings?
2. Now that Walter has teeth, is there anything I need to introduce into her area. She’s in a clear plastic tub with old t shirts and a heating pad that is only half the container.
3. Any other advice is welcome. I have never rescued a baby squirrel, no rehabbers in the area that would take Walty at this time. Just trying to do everything I can and do it right.

I tried to read other threads and answer as many questions as I could up front. We do not plan on keeping Walter as a pet, although I would love to.