Thread: Baby flying squirrel needs rehabber (Nashville)

Default Baby flying squirrel needs rehabber (Nashville)

Hello! We are RVing in Alabama and found a baby flying squirrel about a week ago in Chattanooga. While we have been caring for him and he’s doing great, we can’t keep him. He’s also alone, no siblings. I’ve checked with all the listed squirrel rehabbers and they are all full. Is anyone able to take on this baby??!

We are on our way home to see our dogs (3) to Nashville TN!

Default Re: Baby flying squirrel needs rehabber

I am going to update your thread title to read "Nashville"... but I am not sure we have a lot of members there. It is critical that flyers are raised and released with other (mixed sex) flyers... they should not be released alone or in same sex groups. They are a social animal that lives in colonies.

Where to from Nashville?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    I am going to update your thread title to read "Nashville"... but I am not sure we have a lot of members there. It is critical that flyers are raised and released with other (mixed sex) flyers... they should not be released alone or in same sex groups. They are a social animal that lives in colonies.

Where to from Nashville?!?!
    Thank you so much! That’s what we have heard, that’s why we are trying to find somewhere that maybe has others babies or someone who can permanently keep him! He’s about 5-6 weeks old so still very young.

Nashville is last stop, we have been on the road for 2 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingsquirrel1016 View Post
    Thank you so much! That’s what we have heard, that’s why we are trying to find somewhere that maybe has others babies or someone who can permanently keep him! He’s about 5-6 weeks old so still very young.

Nashville is last stop, we have been on the road for 2 weeks!
    By "permanently keep him" I assume you mean "raise and release him" to be free in the trees....