Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Clicking on our 3 week old! PLEASE HELP!!😢

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3
    Thanked: 0

    Default Clicking on our 3 week old! PLEASE HELP!!😢

    Is Augmentin okay to use for a no more than 3 week old 35g squirrel we just rescued? He is clicking when held up to the hear….. how much should I give??😢PLEASE HELP!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,692
    Thanked: 12774

    Default Re: Clicking on our 3 week old! PLEASE HELP!!😢

    Quote Originally Posted by LizLu View Post
    Is Augmentin okay to use for a no more than 3 week old 35g squirrel we just rescued? He is clicking when held up to the hear….. how much should I give??😢PLEASE HELP!!
    What is the milligrams of the Augmentin?
    Do you have a 1cc syringe to dose with?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Clicking on our 3 week old! PLEASE HELP!!😢

    Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post
    What is the milligrams of the Augmentin?
    Do you have a 1cc syringe to dose with?
    It is regular 500-125mg tablets, I can ground part of one up & add the powder to the goat milk mixture that he loves… will that be okay & do you know how much to grind up ? Yes I have the 1cc syringe with nipple!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,692
    Thanked: 12774

    Default Re: Clicking on our 3 week old! PLEASE HELP!!😢

    Quote Originally Posted by LizLu View Post
    It is regular 500-125mg tablets, I can ground part of one up & add the powder to the goat milk mixture that he loves… will that be okay & do you know how much to grind up ?

    That is an incorrect and dangerous way to administer an ab to a squirrel, it needs to be diluted then dosed (by liquid) according to the proper milligrams for a squirrel's use.
    I can instruct that for you, how / what will you be dosing with is the question?
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,692
    Thanked: 12774

    Default Re: Clicking on our 3 week old! PLEASE HELP!!😢

    My apologies, I just read you have a 1cc syringe, I will send dosing instructions to your private messages....
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2022
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    3
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Clicking on our 3 week old! PLEASE HELP!!😢

    Quote Originally Posted by stepnstone View Post

    That is an incorrect and dangerous way to administer an ab to a squirrel, it needs to be diluted then dosed (by liquid) according to the proper milligrams for a squirrel's use.
    I can instruct that for you, how / what will you be dosing with is the question?
    That’s why I’m asking for help😢… How do you recommend diluting it and administering per his 35g weight, orally using the 1cc syringe ? How do I dose the correct amount ?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    17,692
    Thanked: 12774

    Default Re: Clicking on our 3 week old! PLEASE HELP!!😢

    Quote Originally Posted by LizLu View Post
    That’s why I’m asking for help😢… How do you recommend diluting it and administering per his 35g weight, orally using the 1cc syringe ? How do I dose the correct amount ?
    Check your private messages, dilution and dosing sent...
    Step-N-Stone
    State Licensed
    Wildlife Master Rehabilitator


Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •